Chapter 21

"Hi" I smiled at the woman sitting at the desk where Gio's secretary Stacey would normally be. "Are you Mr.Cavelli's new secretary?"

"Oh hello" she smiled back at me. "Yes I am I started working here recently".

"Yeah, I figured that" I smiled at her.

She seemed like a nice woman probably in her 30s and I'm assuming she is married based on the ring sitting on her ring finger.

"He had to get a new secretary since his old one had an accident" she smiled. "I'm Tanya Stevens-Wright".

"Oh you're married" I nodded in acknowledgement.

"Yeah I am" she replied.

"I'm Lexi by the way" I said stretching my hand to her.

"Nice meeting you Lexi" she smiled shaking my hand.

"You too, and for the record you're so much nicer than his old secretary" I smiled at her. "I don't the mean to sound rude but the old one was kinda a bitch... So is he in?"

"Yeah he is, do you have an appointment?" She asked.

"No I unfortunately don't. I'm his girlfriend so I'm not sure I need one" I chuckled. "I hope that isn't going to be a problem".

"Oh no, not at all. I had no idea you can go in then I guess" she replied.

"Thanks Tanya" I said to her, "I can call you Tanya right?"

"Call me Tanya" Tanya smiled.

"Have a good day okay" I told her sincerely.

"You too Lexi" she smiled.

I opened Gio's office door and enter. He seemed to be busy signing some papers or something like that but looked up the minute I stepped in.

"Aww, you look so cute when you're busy" I chuckled.

"Lexi" Gio said urprised. "What are you doing here?"

"If you asked that question every time I come here I'm gonna start thinking you don't want me here or want to see me" I frown at him.

"What? That's not what I meant at all I'm just surprised that's all" Gio quickly defend.

"Chill" I chuckled. "I'm just kidding".

"Really? That frown looked pretty convincing to me" Gio chuckled.

"Yeah... So I see you got yourself a new secretary" I smiled as I went near him.

"Hmm. I figured I better get a new one because of what happened with the last one. And preferably one who won't start fights with you over me" Gio chuckled.

"Wise choice" I smiled as I went and sat on his lap. "I really approve of this one, she seems so nice".

"Really?" Gio asked putting his hand around my waist.

"Yeah" I nodded before planting my lips on his.

Gio and I'd lips moved together in sync as I placed my arms around his neck. We pulled back after a while to catch our breath.

"Felt like I haven't done that in forever" Gio said to me.

"I know, we hardly spend any time together of late" I said to him.

"Yeah, and I'm sorry about that. Buts that's gonna change of today" Gio smiled.

"Really?" I ask him.

"Yeah really" Gio replied before kissing me again. "How do you feel about us going out for lunch right now?"

"Now? I thought you were busy with work" I said to him.