Chapter 72

Haven't gotten enough votes or comments as yet but whatever, I've promised another update in a few hours so here it is.

So last night after Gio had called Lucas, he had told me to give Lucas my car keys. Though I wanted to refuse and retaliate because of my personal issues and past with him, I knew better at a moment like that so I just handed the key to Lucas without argument and Gio drove me home in his car while Lucas followed with mine. Through out the drive Gio kept a firm grip on the steering wheel as he drove with jaw clenched and nose flaring with anger. You could see that he was deep in thoughts, probably thinking about the 100 and add ways to torture and get rid of Snakes and Julian. It was all just scary seeing him like this and to think I wasn't one to be scared a lot or easily. Not even when he was mad at me when he thought I had betrayed him and then shot him, not even then did he seem that scary.

I tried talking to him to get him to calm down a little at least for the time I was still in his presence but Gio wasn't having it. He was furious about the whole Snakes betrayal and crossing him issue, but he seemed more furious that Snakes had threatened and touched me and somehow I also believe that he's slightly mad at me for not telling him all this before and not calling him the minute Snakes had approached me. I tried telling him that I needed to make sure of my theories before I dish out something like this but he still didn't care, said it was his decision and he would have found ways to find out if one of those members were really the rats if I had mentioned it earlier.

I even tried joking with him about the fact that my dad and family wanted to meet and invited him to dinner this Saturday night but he still wasn't having any of my attempts so I gave up and stayed quiet until we reached my gate. One of main reasons why I think Gio was somehow mad at me too was the fact that he told me that he was going to take care of this and I wasn't supposed to call him until he called me. It was approximately 16hours later now and I still haven't heard from him, I couldn't help but be worried.

"Did you and Gio had a fight last night or something?" Emilia asked as I picked up my phone then put it down again.

"What? Why would you think that?" I asked looking up at her.

"Well for starters last night after you came home you were in one of those funk, and secondly you've been starting at that phone screen for like the 100 time already" Emilia said to me.

"It wasn't really a fight" I sighed. "He was upset because he found out two of his guys were double crossing him. He said he'd call but still I haven't heard from him yet".

"So why don't you call him then?" Emilia asked.

"He said I shouldn't call, he would" I replied.

"But why?" Emilia asked confused.

"I think he's somewhat upset with me for not mentioning things earlier" I said to her.

"You knew about it?" Emilia asked surprised.

"Yeah sort of, it doesn't matter" I said to her. "I just thought he'd call by now"

"Do you want me to uh I don't know call him or something? Check how everything's doing?" Emilia asked.

"No" I said to her. "He'll know you're calling on my behalf. I'll just wait until he's ready to call me".

"Okay, if you say so" Emilia replied just as my phone started ringing. "Is that him?"

"Uh, no" I replied a bit disappointed after looking at the caller's ID. "Its Leon"

"Leon hey" I answered after pressing the screen.

"Hi Lexi, haven't heard from you in a while. I think someone has forgotten about me" Leon chuckled.