Chapter 13

I haven't seen Gio for over two weeks now. The last time I had seen him was two days after I had officially opened the restaurant and the store. The week of my so-called 'accident' when Gio had told me to stay home and 'rest' Dominic and Dad had also made sure I stayed in. Apparently, that day when Gio had taken me to his house and had received that phone call when I heard him mention something about Rostov, the Rostov guy had sent more guys here to New York when his two goons didn't return.

When I had gone to the restaurant the following week, Derek had informed me that I had a gentleman come in investigating about me. I had reviewed the security camera feeds of that day and I didn't recognize the guy. When Dominic and Marc had viewed it they were able to recognize the guy as one of Rostov's men. So now I was convinced that I was the sole target. Dominic had managed to figure out that the Cavelli group and the Rostov's have indeed had past conflicts and based on information they had managed to beat out of one of Rostov men that they had caught, Rostov didn't know me specifically nor my connections to the Luciano's. So it was indeed clear that I was being targeted as bait to get back at Cavelli.

So with all this issue going on I was personally being driven and watched and escorted everywhere by either Pietro or Ian. So far they were my personal bodyguards you could say. I also figured out that Gio had guys watching out for me as well. I had to try to keep things on the down-low. Kathleen had been staying with us from the day of the incident with those guys as well, Dominic figured that she should stay there and have someone watch her as well in case any of those guys tried getting to her to get to me. She was handling the store well so far and Gio had been true to his words and had got four more persons hired for the store as well as a security guard. But my guess is that the security guard he hired is one of his guys.

I now felt as if I was going out of my mind. Most of the time now I was practically forced to stay in like a child. Dominic, Marc, and Dad had practically begged me to stay in until they get the issue handled. I know by handle they mean to get rid of Rostov but I know this was going to be war if things get out of hand and Rostov learn of the Luciano's plan of involvement.

I've also noticed that Gio has been trying to limit the amount of time with me. If I wasn't aware of the situation that was at hand now, and know that his actions are most likely as a result of him wanting to keep me safe from Rostov men seeing us together and me further being in danger, I would have thought he was just tired of me or that I was just the flavor of the few months for him. I still might have thought that if it weren't for his continuous calls and us talking long hours at night. His excuse was that he's been extremely busy with work and had to fly out of New York to Chicago for business for a week that is why we weren't getting to spend much time together, but unfortunately for him, I was a step ahead of him and is aware of the real reason.

I had gone to check up on things at the restaurants and the store today, I still needed to show my face like a good boss. Derek seemed to be handling things quite well at LEXI'S as usual. Khadja and the others really missed my constant presents there. Mrs. Hart and Eylene seemed to be managing quite alright at SPECIALICIOUS as well, after all, they were used to running a restaurant anyway. And then I went next door and Kathleen was fairing out surprisingly well at CHANCES BOUTIQUE.

After that, I decided to go visit Gio and bring him lunch. I still needed to play the normal caring and unsuspecting girlfriend though however so I was going to visit him at his office today as a normal girlfriend would. I was going to play the 'We haven't spent much time together of late and I've missed you' card even though it was true. I haven't seen him in over two weeks now and I did miss him. And the Rostov men issue has died down now so I had Pietro and Ian drive me over to his office since I was still apparently not allowed to drive anywhere on my own.
I told them to kindly wait outside for me. I saw Lucas when I was nearing Gios office, and I didn't see Gio's secretary like I normally would.