Chapter 81

Cold feet was what they called that fear and feeling of wanting to chicken out when you're almost close to the wedding date, well fortunately I hadn't had any cold feet towards this marriage, well not until now that is. The worst time possible to have cold feet was when you were to be walked down the make shift aisle to meet your husband. I don't know where the hell all these nerves were coming from right now, I didn't have any doubts or nerves about marrying Gio, buy for some sick reasons a million thoughts were running through my head as Dad was to walk me down the makeshift aisle. I never had nerves when I had to meet other members of Gio's family which were two aunts-one from maternal side and the other from paternal side and some cousins, not even when I was introduced to a whole other new set of persons who I didn't know Gio knew as well as some members of the mafia family. So now I was surprised to be feeling like this, probably it was because the wedding was huge and there were lots of guests, the bridesmaids and flowers girl had just gone in.

"Are you alright Lexi?" Dad asked just as we stood at the entrance to walk in.

"Yes...no. I don't know" I said to him. "I'm suddenly so nervous about this and what if this marriage doesn't last? What if after finally moving out and living with Gio I realized that this isn't what I want and that I missed home too much".

" You're having last minute cold feet" Dad said in realization. "You are worried about the changes and not living with us anymore and worried about losing your freedom. Its completely normal to feel like this but you shouldn't focus on the negative, you accepted the proposal and planned this wedding, so it must means that this was something you wanted. I was a bit hesitant in accepting this whole Giovanni being in your life but I have came to accept it and now about to walk down that aisle, you're not allowed to think negative today alright? Today should only be thought about as the happiest day of your life, you're getting married to the guy you're in love with and your marriage is going to be one of the happiest".

" Thanks Dad " I chuckled. "Nice pep talk"

"No, problem. Its my job though I'm not quite sure I have any idea where that all came from" dad replied.

"It comes from here I guess" I smiled touching over his heart before hugging him

"Today must be the happiest day your life" dad replied as he hugged me as well.

"Its actually a bitter sweet feeling though" I admitted to him. "No offence, because you guys have been the best parents ever but I missed my biological parents. I just wish they were here".

" I know you do. I'm sorry they couldn't be here with you today in person but I'm sure they're always with you. Right here" Dad said as he touched the area where my heart would be like I had done earlier to him.

"Thanks Dad" I smiled at him. "For everything".

" You're welcome and you're always going to be my daughter " Dad said just as we heard the music playing changed signalling that it was the bride's time to go in. "Time to be Mrs.Cavelli now kiddo"

***