Chapter 31

"You did what!?" Kathleen asked shocked.

"I shot him" I groaned running my hands through my hair before massaging my temples to relief the building migraine I was starting to have.

As I had been speeding home after I left Gio's penthouse, I had met Dominic and Marc on the way. Apparently they had gotten a call from their undercover inside man in the Cavelli's group informing them that some one of the guy had saw and taken picture of Dominic and us when he came to the store earlier. He must've went back informing Lucas of the situation. After Dominic had called telling me to get out, when the phone hang up on him he was worried and so he and Marc was coming to get me if I was in trouble.

"He was so mad" I said running my hands over my face.

"How bad was it?" Mom asked.

"I don't know I shot him in his left shoulder

"You're not staying here" Dominic said to me. "Go pack a bag with some clothes".

"What!? No, no I live here I'm not gonna go running and hiding because my boyfriend may wanna kill me now" I said to him. "Ex-boyfriend, I'm not sure I still hold that girlfriend title after everything that happened today".

"Lexi, he's right" Marc said to me, "For once just don't be stubborn and listen to him. Its for you're own good".

"I can't just pack up and left my home because of Gio" I said to them.

"This is bigger than just you and Gio. This is war between the two families and you're gonna be in the heart of it" Dad said to me. "He felt that you betrayed and lied to him and then you went ahead and shot him. He's gonna come looking for you".

"Kathleen's going with you too" Dominic said to me.

"I am?" Kathleen asked looking to him.

"Yes, you are. You're now caught up in this as well because I'm pretty sure he thinks you're somehow involved you think I'm letting you stay here and risk getting hurt?" Dominic said to her.

"He won't hurt her" I tried reassuring them.

"You don't know that!" Dominic said angrily. "You thought he wouldn't hurt you either but he fired at you didn't he? You had to shot him to get out of there!"

"He wasn't trying to hurt me, he was just trying to scare me from moving" I said to them. "I ended up being the one hurting him".

"She's still defending" Marc said in disbelief.

"I know, I know. I'm being stupid I know its just that..." I groaned.

"I don't care what you have to say. You're not staying here, you're leaving now even if I have to drag you screaming and kicking" Dominic said seriously.

"There's no need for that" I sighed. "Where are we going?"

"Out of the country" Dominic said to me.

"Fine. Whatever" I sighed. "Could I at least get five minutes to go shower and change?"

"That can wait until you reach where you're going. You don't have much time for that now" Dominic said to me.

"Trust me, it can't. I need to go wash Gio's smell and sweat off me" I said to them before turning to head upstairs.

******************************
"This place is really nice" Kathleen said to me.

"Yeah I know" I said taking off my jacket. "I haven't been here in a while. I remembered coming here a few summers back then".

" So, what exactly do we do for our time here in Italy?" Kathleen asked. "One month here, away from our own familiar territory?"