Chapter two

Sherlock:

Impossible, illogical, and absolutely not true! There can't be any way I'm a wizard because they don't exist!
Yet I still found myself believing it as I pushed the trolley towards the wall. This would prove it.
I closed my eyes and held my breath as I pushed it forward, and expected to feel myself crash into it. I didn't though. When I opened my eyes, I was in a full place, with parents and children fussing and chatting. Oh joy. In the middle, there was a giant train, across it were the words 'Hogwarts Express'. This is real.
"Everything alright, Sherlock?" Mother checked. I nodded without looking, but continued staring, amazed, at the scene in front of me.
"You might want to get on the train soon. It's almost eleven." She informed. I nodded again, and made some steps towards the train. As I looked back, people were talking to their friends, catching up, and meeting each other. I wish I could do that...
I ignored it and continued to board the train. Bubo hooted softly, and I looked at her.
"What?" I exclaimed. Naturally, she didn't answer.
I passed many cabins but they all seemed to be taken, and I didn't particularly want other people in my cabin. Eventually, towards the back, I found one that was free. I stepped into it, and sat, trying to take up as much space as possible.
No-one bothered me, and I thought I was safe from being bothered, until young boy came through and opened the door.
"Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked "I can't seem to find anywhere else... Everyone else is sitting with their friends or family..."
I smiled at the boy "sure" I muttered.
"Thanks!" He pulled in his case and sat down across from me "I'm John Watson, by the way"
"Sherlock Holmes" I greeted. He smiled and leaned back.
"So, are you just starting this year?" He inquired.
"Yeah. You look a bit young to be, don't you? How old are you?" I replied.
"Eleven" he replied.
"Oh" I muttered before turning back to the window.
"Are you okay?" He interrupted.
"Yeah. Just can't believe this is real" I confessed.
He nodded "I know how you feel. About three weeks ago I was old I was a wizard, and I'd joked about it as a kid, but I didn't really believe it..."
"Your sister?" I mumbled.
"What?" He exclaimed "How would you know about my sister?"
"I don't know, I notice" I responded "just like I noticed that your mother is very worried about you, you're a muggle-born, you have arguments with your sister often, and you haven't heard from your dad for a few years, probably because he's gone to war, more likely because he wasn't nice... I can tell that you're not really leaving anyone behind, and you're desperate to make friends here"
"I hope to make some friends, anyway..." He interrupted "what about you?"
"I don't need friends. I'm not really someone who works best in other's presence" I admitted, looking down slightly. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw john's face become a bit softer, and he looked down as well. I'd upset him. "I didn't mean I can't make any friends!" I began again, feeling bad
'Why would you say that?' I thought to myself 'what does it matter to you if he's upset! After this trip you'll probably see him once or twice and that's it'
'I don't know. He's different from most people. He doesn't seem as boring or stupid as them'
'You say that now'
My internal argument was brought to an end by John.
"So, do you know anything about the school?" He asked.
"I know, from my mother, that there are four houses - Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Slytherin and Ravenclaw - and that it's big an easy to get lost in" I replied "and the houses reflect personality and where you have the best chance to do well. Hufflepuff is for people who are loyal and hardworking, Gryffindor is for brave people, Slytherin is for cunning and ambitious people go, and Ravenclaw is for people who use their mind a lot. I think I'm going to be a Ravenclaw"
"You know quite a lot" John smiled "I don't really know where I'd go... Probably Hufflepuff"
I just hummed in agreement.
--------------------------
S the chapters are getting longer, but I still need to establish how they become good friends and all, so be patient.
Anyway, shoutout to my best friend Tjaarox for being the person who gets me to continue updating, and I guess I'll catch up soon.
'Til the next time,
-Alza