Chapter twenty

Sherlock:

I'd been told by James that I'm getting an extra special surprise for John's birthday. If I knew anything about James, it was that his prizes were anything but good, but still, I waited, keeping my eye on John more than usual (in case my extra special surprise had anything to do with him). It helped that I was invited by Greg to join in his party that night in the Gryffindor dormitory, and when it was no longer his birthday, I made my way back to my room, tired for once. There, sitting on my bed, as suspected, was a letter.

Manoeuvring myself around any obstacles in the dorm so as to not wake the others, I tore it open.

Hello Sherlock. I promised you an extra special surprise, so here it is.

Within the next week, you're to leave Hogwarts, and join me. You know what we do, and here's your chance to do exactly that... So voila.

Or, you can stay at Hogwarts, learning and being set down a strict guideline of exactly what you need to do, if that's what you prefer.

Perhaps a little extra incentive might help, because you enjoy school, don't you? Alright. You know that I'm capable of hurting people. You don't leave and join me, perhaps Johnnyboy (I've been mentioning him a lot lately. He seems to be the only person who can be used to convince you to do things. I'm not suggesting anything, of course) might not be so... I was going to say something clever, but all words used to describe what we can do to him escaped my head. Let's just say, we can kill him, and not quite as quickly as people hope.

So you have two options.

Leave, and join us. You'd make a valuable contribution to the team, perhaps even more so than Seb.

Or

Stay, and have John die, and it be entirely your fault.

Your choice.

Ta-ta now

-James

(Ps, if you decide to go, Seb and I will be waiting from 11:00 pm on Thursday to 2:00 am on Friday in the Hog's Head in Hogsmeade)

I read through it multiple times before it sunk in.

I was going to have to leave Hogwarts. Not only that, but I'd have to join the intricate thread of criminals who spent their time killing and stealing.

Of course, I could not go, but what would be the point of coming here if John wasn't here? It would just be like my muggle school again, and there was a reason no-one liked me there...

So, going was the only option. It was Tuesday, so that gave me two days to say goodbye in the most subtle way possible, and pack my bags.

Well, this was going to be fun.

----------------------------------

The plot thickens (hehehehehehehe)

I'm sorry if you hate me now... But every story needs a plot line, and this was in mine, so here it is...

So, enjoy.

'Til the next time,

-Alza