Chapter ten

Sherlock:

I had intended John to eat, but he was insistent on not being hungry. So I just showed him the way to my dorm. We reached the door and the door knocker spoke.

"If you were to have a boggart as your biggest fear, what form would the boggart take when you came across it?"

"The universe would implode" I muttered under my breath.

"Do not give sarcastic answers, please" it requested.

I sighed "the boggart would take the form of itself, but no-one truly knows what form it would take, because every wizard knows that a boggart can't hurt you physically, and no muggle knows that boggart a exist, so why would they be scared of them"

The doorknob stopped for a second.

"Excellently explained" it encouraged before swinging open.

"What the hell was that?" John asked, looking back at the door.

"In the Gryffindor House, you may have your silly passwords and whatnot, but we have to answer questions. It's stupid really... Anyone with any sense of intelligence would be able to get through no problem. A password is probably better" I explained "anyway, I'm assuming you had something you wanted to talk about"

"Uh yeah. I was just wondering how you manage everyone calling you all these stupid things" he frowned. I'd seen that coming.

"It's simple" I explained "they're idiots, and I ignore them. They're just saying things to make their world make sense. I've learned to just let it go"

"But don't you ever get annoyed?" He urged. I shook my head. He wasn't content with that. I knew that he'd be asking me these questions because he's been talked to a lot already about it. I didn't exactly want to make the school unfriendly.

"Look, John. I can tell that you're annoyed about what they say, and want to stick up for me, but you have to drop it" I mumbled "that, or stop being seen with me around the school. If you can't handle people talking, then it's best to leave me alone"

"I'm not saying that" he defended. He was though. I decided to drop it. I'd he was worrying about me, I didn't really care. He'd get bored at some point, and then he'd leave. That wash what normally happened.

But throughout the following week, I started to become aware that that was not happening. John continued to talk, and he got teased, as I saw, by some others who seem to disapprove of any relationship at all with Sherlock Holmes. Despite the number of times I dropped hints about it being 'possibly dangerous' or 'a stupid idea', John remained, stubborn, until finally I decided that it was no use to try and convince John to find someone else.

It was on the nineteenth Wednesday of the school term when I realised that Hogwarts was more exciting than I expected.

Throughout the night before, all the Ravenclaws, at least, were kept awake by something other than my muttering. I don't think they even cared, considering the fact that they were all wide awake and looking out the window for the source of the horrible wailing noise. I'd thought it was nothing but the wind, but I began wondering about the truth when I stumbled across a mangled body with John on our way to the gamekeeper's hut.

"What the hell?" He exclaimed loudly. I could hardly blame him. The body had large bite marks all over its stomach, and a look of pure terror in its eye. It looked slightly sickening.

"Interesting" I muttered "he was attacked by some sort of animal... Our main question is: what sort of animal would be able to do something like this?"

"Dogs?"

"Too small, and anyway, when was the last time you saw dogs here?" I replied.

"Bet you it's from the Forbidden Forest. Everyone knows there's something in there" John muttered. I doubted it, but it was worth a shot.

-----------------------

So I just spent the last hour and a half writing a storyline and the next few chapters of the story, but right now, your task is to try and figure out what the creature is (it is a creature).

The first person to guess gets a shoutout (because I can't dedicate) in the next chapter, and I'll follow them because of their genius powers.

'Til the next time,

-Alza