Chapter three

John:

I looked at the boy sitting across from me, who was looking out the window. He had dark, curly hair, ghostly pale skin, and looked as if he'd never eaten a good meal in his life. I held the silence between us for a while, until I grew curious of him.
"So, I guess your mother's a wizard?" I smiled "mine's a... What do you call them? A... Muggle"
"And your dad?" He inquired.
"He was a muggle too, as far as I'm aware" I replied.
"Is it Afghanistan or Iraq," he started "that he's fighting in, I mean"
"Afghanistan" I replied. He knew his stuff.
Suddenly, the door slid open, and a girl with dark hair poked her head in.
"Oh" she exclaimed quietly upon entry.
"Sally" Sherlock greeted coldly, not turning his head at all.
"So you are here" she cursed under her breath.
"I take it Anderson's here too?" He sighed in annoyance.
"Yeah... Same carriage as me" she turned her back and started leaving, but turned back to me almost immediately. "sorry, but how does he end up sitting with someone?"
"What do you mean?" I questioned. He snickered to herself and leaned against the wall.
"I'd stay away from him, if I were you" she warned.
"And if I were you, I'd have learned my lesson when my mum told me to keep out of other people's business" I retorted. I saw a faint smile on Sherlock's face out the corner of my eye.
"Just trying to warn you" she mumbled before getting up and exiting, leaving me to ponder her warning.
"What was that about?" I asked.
"Sally Donovan. She went to the same muggle school as me and hates me," he muttered, still looking out the window "the feeling is mutual".
"Why did she warn me to stay away from you?"
"How should I know. She and her friends make up all sorts of stories about people."
"I see..." I muttered, turning my head slightly "anyway, what about you? Have you for any siblings?"
"Just a stupid older brother, Mycroft" he humphed, crossing his folding his arms "he can't come here - thank god"
"He can't be that bad!" I exclaimed.
"But he can" he continued bitterly. I didn't know how to reply.
----------------
Author's Note
This whole process of making them friends is foreign to me, as I myself have no real talent at knowing what to say apart from "hi" and then I leave the rest up to the friends I'd previously made when I knew what to say, so I'm sorry if this is really odd...
Anyway, shoutout to Tjaarox for making the cover and yeah.
'Til the next time,
-Alza