Chapter twenty six

John:

A cold shiver rushed over my spine as I woke, as if something was off. I tried to remember moving back to the Gryffindor common room, and into the dormitory, but I couldn't. I could only remember the time with Sherlock. Something was definitely odd, but I couldn't tell exactly what.

I slowly got up, and eventually made my way downstairs for breakfast.

"Oh my god. You're okay!" Sherlock yelled, running through the hallway to was me. I stopped him from crashing into the wall, and them awkwardly let go, realising I was holding him quite tightly.

"I'm okay?" I repeated, just registering what he said.

"Well, a lot can happen in one night, you see. When you weren't down at breakfast, I thought perhaps one of those many things that can happen in a night might have happened" he replied.

"Are you okay?" I laughed. He was acting weirdly, as if something had happened.

"I'm great" he responded. Something was definitely wrong. I decided to do this subtly.

"Does today feel odd for you too? I feel like something's wrong" I asked.

"Yeah, a bit" he sighed. I noticed that despite trying to pretend he was looking down the stairs, he was looking at me.

"And you're acting weirdly. What's up with that?" I interrogated.

"What do you think I'm acting weirdly, John" he snapped "you're probably just imagining it. Come on. Breakfast"

Well, I'm certain I wasn't imagining it, but it's best not to argue with Sherlock.

The day continued on in this way, but I decided that questioning it would result in unnecessary arguments between us, so I decided to drop it, hoping it would have cleared up by tomorrow.

"I'm going to sleep now John. You'll be fine?" Greg asked, with a yawn.

"I'll be fine. There's just a tiny bit of Astronomy homework. I'll go soon too" I replied, scrawling over my parchment.

"Great. Goodnight" he muttered, exiting the common room. I was sat alone, finishing off my homework before tomorrow from then. I thought I was safe.

I was winded suddenly by a blow to my back, then pinned down to the floor by strong arms, and something was shoved against my face.

I then slipped into unconsciousness.