Chapter seven

John:

I had watched Sherlock being placed in Ravenclaw. I didn't really expect to be in Ravenclaw. I waited for ages, catching a few names in the process. Only until the end was I called.

"Watson, John" McGonnagall called. I walked up to the stool, wondering if I'd be told I didn't fit into any house, and so must go home, or whether I'd be stuck in a house with annoying people. Most of all, just hoping I'd be in Ravenclaw, but that was unlikely.

Suddenly I was on the stool and the hat was talking to me.

"You'd do well in Hufflepuff" it informed. I didn't want to be in Hufflepuff. If Anderson was as bad as Sherlock had made out on the journey here, I wasn't going to share a house with him.

"Okay. Not Hufflepuff then" the hat replied. I'd forgotten the hat was telepathic.

"Hmm... Well, I could see you in any house, but really, I think you'd be best of in GRYFFINDOR" it yelled. I smiled and made my way to the Gryffindor table. I sat down at the end, suddenly not wanting to talk to anyone, but solitude apparently wasn't an option for long.

"So, I guess we're sharing a dorm" someone wrapped their arm around their shoulder. I looked up to see the guy who'd caused a disruption in the waiting room.

"James Potter" he held out his hand. I took it and shook.

"John Watson" I muttered. His friends also greeted themselves. Remus Lupin, Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew. They began talking to me, and I didn't feel like telling them I'd rather be alone, and anyway, it was good to get to know our room-mates. I noticed that McGonnagall was rolling up her scroll, and watched as she took the hat away. The headmaster stood up to make a speech, smiling widely at the students. I was informed by Remus that he was called Professor Dumbledore.

"Welcome, all of you, to Hogwarts. I would like to make a speech, but I feel as though you are all hungry, and would hate to keep you waiting for your dinner" he shouted before sitting back down at his own table. I barely noticed the table fill with food, but suddenly there was food. I had only just realised how hungry I was, so I picked up some potatoes and gravy, and added them to my plate. I ate happily, talking to Remus as James and Sirius talked to each other loudly.

"So, where are you from?" He asked, trying to be heard above a James and Sirius.

"If you mean magically, I'm muggle born" I informed, also shouting above the racket "if you mean geographically, I'm from London. What about you?"

"My dad's a wizard" he informed politely "but my mum's a muggle... And I'm from London too"

"Sounds good" I smiled "what are they" I gestured up at James and Sirius "even talking about"

Remus laughed "probably something about Lily Evans" Remus muttered "James is infatuated with her"

"I see" I muttered.

"Are you friends with Sherlock?" He suddenly asked.

"I guess? I only met him for the first time today though... So I'm not sure how much we could be considered friends" I confessed "he doesn't really seem the type to have friends"

"No he doesn't..." Remus trailed off.

"What about it?" I asked.

"There's just this girl, she's been saying he's dangerous" he mumbled.

"Oh. Sally Donovan" I replied "yeah. I've met her. Sherlock knows her, and they hate each other. She's just trying to get people to not trust him. It's fine"

"I see" he replied.

-------------------------

Hola there, people... Or other life forms who have mastered the concept of understanding human text and so are reading this fanfiction. I'm not being specific here.

So, I thought I should update this story (possibly because its easiest to update as its pre-written), and so enjoy your extra chapter of the story.

Anyway... Um... Yeah. Have a good day/night/evening/morning/afternoon/whatever other time periods may exist in this universe.

'Til the next time,

-Alza