Epilogue

Sherlock:

As Christmas crept nearer and nearer, and decorations were being put up around everywhere, it was hard bit to smile. People kept talking about what they wanted, and their holiday plans, and altogether talking about Christmas.

As someone who didn't personally understand the excitement over Christmas, I didn't get it, but seeing John discuss his own plans for the holiday, it felt great. I knew that going home would mean being forced to talk to Mycroft again, and so I'd decided to stay at Hogwarts. John, however, had other plans.

"I heard you were staying here for Christmas?" He asked, pulling me aside in the hallway.

"Yeah. I'm not a 'Christmas person', and going home would mean having to endure extended periods of time with my exceedingly annoying older brother. It seemed the best option was to stay here" I explained.

"Come to my place" he smiled "we're having a party and I was talking to my mum and she told me to invite my school friends"

Friend. I liked the sound of that. I'd never had friends, and I'd never really been referred to as a friend. Hearing it aloud felt nice.

It felt like I belonged.

--------------------

And finally, this story concludes. I've actually had a lot of fun writing it, and never even expected it to get ten reads, let alone five hundred and something, so thanks so much for that. So, sequel-wise:

I will only write a sequel to this story when it reaches -if it reaches- 1000 reads (unless a few people specifically request a sequel), because I feel like that's enough people to actually read it.

So yeah, hopefully I will write more of this, but if not, it's been fun, and I'd like to thank you all for bringing this story so far.

But, for now.

Goodbye,

-Alza