Chapter twenty one

Sherlock (again):

It was with a great pressure in my shoulders that I made my way down to the great hall that day. I almost decided not to go, but then figured that if I had to leave the school, it's best to see the person keeping me there as often as possible before doing so.

"Funny seeing you here" John commented, sitting beside me "don't you usually stay in your dorm?"

"Heh" I replied "I fancied some breakfast today"

"So, how's your sister?" I asked, not overly interested.

"She's fine, apparently. She actually sent me a letter last night" he informed. "What about your brother?"

"You must remember that I try as hard as I can to avoid any contact with my brother at all costs, but by what I can tell from the letters mother sends me, he's doing fine, and is making his way towards securing a small position in the British government" I told him.

"Wish I had siblings who actually did stuff" he mumbled "other than get drunk and get arrested, causing us to bail her out"

"I'm sure you could fill that spot" I encouraged. It was odd, but I had to make sure he was going to do well after I'd left "put some effort in, and you could be on your way to being the minister for magic".

That was an exaggeration, but it seemed to lift his spirits. After that, I accompanied him to his dorm forts, to get his books, and then to my dorm, to get mine.

"Why are you packing?" He commented, looking around the dorm, which was rather tidier than when I hadn't started gathering all my stuff into my trunk.

"I'm not. I was getting complaints from the other guys in the dorm, who were constantly tripping over my belongings when it was dark. I figured cleaning up might help that a bit" I lied. He laughed, so I figured he believed it.

So naive, and innocent. I don't want to betray him. He's never had a proper friend before. I don't want to trick him into a false sense of security and then leave... My John...

But I was taken away from my thoughts at the memory of the cruel words "we'll kill him, and not quite as quickly as people hope".

I had to go. For John.

--------------------------

This chapter was probably the saddest thing I've had to write so far (and I don't get sad) even though it's probably not that sad to read... I don't know... I get feels over weird things...

Anyway, hope you enjoy.

'Til the next time,

-Alza