Chapter four

The train ride was long, but soon enough we were at the school. Everyone in our year was crowding at the windows, struggling to get a look at the castle. It wasn't visible yet, but they didn't know that. As we left the train, we heard a cry of "firs' years this way". Following the source of the yell, my eyes fell on a very large man. He was calling loudly, and a group of first years were already crowding around him. I pointed him out to John, who had followed me out, and both of us went up to him. As the older students were clearing away, it dawned on me that we weren't taking the horse driven carriages. I noticed some boats resting.
"So, no more'n four in a boat. Got that?" He shouted. Everyone scrambled to team up with people they knew, and the boats were filled. John and I shared one, due to no-one wanting to share with strangers, and those who weren't strangers were idiots. I say in the boat, across from John, who looked extremely excited to be here.
"Everyone in?" The man shouted "right then! Forward!" And so the boats started to move. They moved smoothly across the clear water, and in formation.
"An' you'll see the school in a secon'" Hagrid warned. A few people perked up to look, no wanting to miss the chance of seeing the school.
When the school was in sight, a few people 'ooh'ed and 'aah'ed. Even I was impressed. On the banks, there was a massive castle, lit up in a faint orange glow through the windows. It didn't look like a school, more like an ancient castle that you get to visit on school trips. The thought of that being my school was almost thrilling. A sudden rush of scintillation rushed over me as the boats neared the school.
"Is that seriously the school?" John laughed.
"Apparently" I replied. John's excitement was hilarious. He was kind of like a puppy who you just brought home from a shelter.
He continued to gaze at the castle until the boats hit the shore with a thud. People started getting out of the boats with the man checking to make sure everyone was out.
"Are you ready?" He asked, after leading us up the stone steps to the castle. A few people nodded, and so Hagrid raise an enormous fist and knocked on the huge door.
-----------------
Sorry this chapter's short. It took ages to write because I was trying to keep it as canon as possible, so using the book as guidance, but if course the only book that wasn't on my shelf was the first one...
Anyway, shoutout to Tjaarox
Hope you enjoyed the chapter.
'Til the next time,
-Alza