Chapter twenty two

John:

Sherlock doesn't look the same. He seems more nervous around me, and it seems he's hiding something. As well as that he seems to be spending more time around me, and looking upset. He's Sherlock. Why would he be looking upset for no apparent reason?

Everyone's noticed, despite his obvious attempts to hide it. I've been asked by multiple people if I knew what was happening. Each time, I answered with a firm 'no'. I want to know why he's acting so weirdly, and why everything he says seems to be a lie, but if I asked, he'd lie, and I'm not him, so I can't know. Thursday was the worst. He hardly focused on anything, and didn't know the answer to a History of Magic question.

After dinner, he asked me to go to his cabin with him. Not particularly wanting to spend the time with 'The Marauders' as they had deemed themselves, I accepted his offer.

"You know that we're friends, right?" He asked lazily, scribbling some indiscernible notes down. That's the strangest thing he's done yet. Confess to having a friend.

"You don't have friends" I reminded him with a laugh.

"No I don't" he agreed "I have one"

That was nice, but it was still odd.

"What is up with you? Why are you acting so strangely?" I suddenly exclaimed.

"Believe me, John. If I could tell you, I wouldn't be acting so strangely" he informed mysteriously.

"What does that even mean?" I asked.

"You'll see"

I wasn't sure if I wanted to see. The way he said it seemed nervous. If he was nervous, then I sure as hell was.

I wanted to question him until he finally admitted, but I reminded myself that he seemed his most vulnerable, and it seemed cruel to demand answers, so I found myself instead nestling myself in his lap.

It wasn't that it was awkward or anything, although it probably should have been, but part of me felt odd doing it. The other part of me, however, found myself liking the warmth it ensued. I was certain he'd feel strange, but I didn't really care, because I was scared for him.

That was true. I was terrified that he might do something to himself, that he'd been focusing on instead. I was worried something might be hurting him or upsetting him.

I was most scared, however, when I woke up in my dorm, on my bed, the next day.

---------------------

Yep. That's how I'm ending the chapter. Shoot me.

No wait, don't shoot me...

But yeah. There's still a small amount of story to come, so don't get too prepared for the end, but it is nigh.

So, yep. More to come, end is nigh, yada yada yada. Enjoy.

'Til the next time,

-Alza