Chapter twenty eight

John:

I watched in terror as James moved about. If I did nothing, I would die. If I did something, I would also probably die, but there'd be some sort of satisfaction to it. I tried to pull my hands out of the ropes binding me, and succeeded in loosening them a little, but hardly enough to actually get out. I glanced over at Sherlock, who, frankly, looked like he'd given up. That made me a bit nervous.
I wasn't paying any attention at all to what James and Sebastian were doing at the time, and was only brought back to notice my a sudden blinding pain throughout my body. I wanted to scream, and cry, and I wanted to hide, but to do so would be to tell James he'd won. That wasn't something I wanted to do.
"Back with us, Johnnyboy? It'd be a shame for you to not be paying attention to your own death" James shouted. I gulped and quickly decided.
"Anything you want to say, as your last words?" Sebastian grumbled.
I acted as though I couldn't talk properly, and mumbled something quietly.
"What was that?" He asked, stepping closer.
"Look out" I said, slightly louder, but still not loud enough for him to hear.
He stepped closer.
"What?"
I said it again, barely louder, and continued until he was directly in front of me.
"Look out" I warned, clear as a bell, and pushed my head forwards into his chest (due to height difference) causing him to stumble and fall, then quickly attempted to further loosen the ropes, succeeding in doing so enough to squeeze my arms out.
I glanced at Sherlock again, who had a small smile on his face, and, thinking of him, reached around the tree as far as I could to begin untying the ropes.
"Crucio!" I heard James yell. The pain came again, but it only delayed me a second, and I continued at the knot. In the meantime, Sebastian had regained his breathing pattern, and was running to get his wand.
"Let me finish him off, boss!" He begged once reaching James. There wasn't enough time for me to succeed in my quest. I guessed I could at least die with the idea that I tried. Sebastian pointed his wand at me, smiling menacingly.
I closed my eyes and braced for impact, but none came.
Instead, I opened my eyes, and saw Albus Dumbledore facing the two people, firing curses at them.
"Don't just sit there. Hurry up, and do help Mr Holmes" he ordered. I immediately figured out what I was doing, and fiddled around with the lock, before finally sliding free.
"So, I tried?" I mumbled to Sherlock, who couldn't respond. I laughed, and then carried him behind a tree, out of the line of fire.
--------------------
I wanted John to be a hero in this bit, so voila!
So, next chapter will probably be the last, followed by an epilogue, but, if you want, I can try to write a sequel for you guys. How does that sound?
So, tell me if you like the sound of that, and I'll see what I can do.
'Til the next time,
-Alza