Chapter eleven

John:

That night, when it was well after curfew, Sherlock and I met up at the lake and started to make our way towards the forest. I'm not going to lie. It was the most utterly terrifying thing is done in my life, but I wasn't letting Sherlock go alone, and I knew he'd be desperate to investigate. The body had been cleared up soon after we found it, but that didn't matter. All I was focusing on now was not running back to my dormitory. I needed to consciously tell my legs to continue walking. I looked up at Sherlock. He seemed much more at ease with this than I, but he seemed to hide emotions a lot of the time, so you couldn't really tell what he was feeling.
When we had arrived at the edge, the threat seemed to die a bit, oddly. I looked through the trees, which soon it of into darkness, and looked at Sherlock.
"John, remember. Red sparks for trouble, but try not to get us caught." Sherlock reminded me. I nodded, clutching my wand in my pocket. When he'd told me we were going to split up, I couldn't believe him, but he'd then taught me the red sparks and I got used to it.
We bid our farewells and took the first few steps into the gaping mouth that was the Forbidden Forest.
Forbidden for a reason.
I took small, silent steps through the thick trees and started to feel sick. What if I got attacked by something and couldn't get to my wand in time? What if I forgot the spell? What of Sherlock got attacked and I didn't notice his sparks? Questions plagued my mind during the pursuit of the attacker, and suddenly I was aware of the fact that I was being followed.
I didn't want to shoot up sparks in case it was nothing, so I merely followed the staggered breath and fast footsteps I'd heard to a small clearing. By this point, I was terrified that I was going to die and be found years later, ripped into pieces. I heard the footsteps again pacing around the clearing, and I realised they didn't sound human. There were too many legs being used for it to be human, and the sound was too small.
Dog.
I knew it was dogs! I contemplated running for ages while the dog was pacing before finally deciding to do so. I took a deep breath and started towards the edge of the clearing. Within seconds, a huge, red thing had bowled me over and had me pinned down, snarling crazily and snapping at my throat.
It definitely wasn't a dog. I didn't know what it was.
I tried to shake it off, but it was too heavy. I fumbled for my wand, and muttered the spell before the thing took a massive lunge down at me and I slipped into blackness.
--------------------------------
The game from last time still stands. You have a bit more information on the thing, so it should make it easier to guess.
The person who guesses first (there's still a bit of time before the answer is revealed), will get a shoutout and a dedication (when I get access to a computer.
So keep guessing. You will need to use something more than just your Harry Potter book to guess.
'Til the next time,
-Alza