Chapter fifteen

A/N: okay so I never put these before a chapter, but I need to teach you a lesson.
If you are writing a story on an iPad note, and you're almost done with the chapter, pay.attention.to.where.you.tap.
I was about to finish this, then I accidentally pressed 'delete note' so, sorry about that. It would have been much better and up sooner if I'd payed attention. Oh well, I guess it's just how things happened...
But yeah. Learn from my mistakes...
----------------------

John:

After about an hour, Sherlock smirked at me, and went to sat down, picking up a book that he didn't open, but instead seemed to stare at what I hopes was into space, because otherwise he was staring right at me. It made me a bit uncomfortable, and I didn't understand it (because if he didn't want to talk to me, why would he be staring at me), but I made an attempt to continue on with my work.
"John, stop! You're supposed to let it brew before you add the slugs" Greg snatched the horned slugs from my hands. I glanced down at the recipe and saw that he was right.
"I'll do the brewing, if that's alright with you" he suggested. I nodded and sat down to read my book. I had barely gotten through a page before looking up to see Sherlock, once again, staring at me. I noticed that his book was still unopened. Had he been staring at me the whole time?
"Creepy, isn't it" Greg commented, sitting down next to me "he does that all the time. He's not actually looking at you though. He's just kind of looking at nothing in particular"
"But it seems like he is" I mumbled.
"I assure you, he's not" he muttered "did you two have a fight if some sort?"
"I don't actually know" I confessed "something may have happened in the hospital wing, but-"
"Hospital wing?" Greg interrupted "why were you in the hospital wing?"
"Oh, I... Uh tripped down some stairs and just kind of ultimately failed at navigating myself around the school. I'm fine now, really" I lied. I was a terrible liar, so he could probably tell, but he didn't bring it up.
"And now he's not talking to you?" He finished.
"Yeah" I mumbled.
"It's nothing personal. He does that to everyone. It's something to do with his 'deductions' and thinking" Greg told me.
"What, so he just doesn't talk?" I asked.
"Pretty much. He's not exactly a people pleaser, and he doesn't quite realise that it's rude, but it's nothing about you"
I assumed he was trying to sympathise with me, but it didn't really work, considering that this didn't seem like nothing. He was the reason I was in the hospital wing. The least he could do would be talk to me. If it was nothing, he'd chosen the most inconvenient time to be giving the world the silent treatment. Eventually, our potion was brewed, and I was given the incredibly difficult (note sarcasm) task of passing Greg the ingredients as he asked for them. I gave him the slugs and the porcupine quills, and he added them before completing the potion. We were given the approval if Professor Slughorn, and told to sit down and wait for class to end. Greg went over to talk to some friends of him, leaving me to read my book. Finally, the bell rang, and I started making my way to history of magic.
"You had a fight with freak already?" A whiny voice asked me as someone pulled me aside "it was just getting interesting. He was showing emotion!"
I looked up at the face if Sally Donovan, annoyed. "It's none of your business"
"Oh, so you still care what people think?" I didn't quite understand that remark, as I couldn't really see how telling her it's none of her business meant that I cared what people thought, but she turned and walked into class, me following behind her.
"Bitch" I mumbled as she took her seat beside a friend of hers who I didn't recognise, and I sat next to Remus, who had saved a seat.
"I think Sherlock wants to talk to you after class" he whispered as the class started.
"I think he just wants to give me an odd look from afar and say nothing" I replied.
"No seriously. I think he wants to talk to you" he insisted "he was looking for you before you came, before giving up and going to his own class."
Oh.
----------------------
A/N: I know this chapter was kind of uneventful, but I think it's somewhat necessary, and I don't want to skip too often. Anyway, it is a John chapter, and I'm not very good at John chapters, so yeah...
Anyway, hope you liked it.
As you may have noticed, I posted a new story. I'm not going to tell you to read it, but it'd be nice if you gave it a try. It's not particularly long, but yeah.
Excuse my shameless self advertising.
'Til the next time,
-Alza
(Ps, as I was writing this, my sister came in and asked me what I was reading, and I said nothing, turning off my iPad, because even though she reads fanfiction, I'd rather her not knowing I write them. Anyway, I felt that up you should be told that amazing story. Enjoy)