Chapter sixteen

Sherlock:

I had only just finished writing a short letter to 'James' whoever he was, when John came up behind me.

"Who are you writing to?" He asked. Remembering the threat in the last letter, I replied with simply 'nobody', before stuffing the letter in my pocket.

"Uh, sorry about not talking?" I tried. I wasn't entirely sure on apologies, and I hated to be saying one, but to him, I probably looked like a massive dick.

"Yeah, what the hell?"

"I was nervous?" I continued, unsure. I'd rehearsed this in my mind a thousand times, but I couldn't remember what my excuse was.

"It's fine" he mumbled, sitting down "what were you talking to Professor Slughorn about?"

"Some stupid meet-up of all the kids he sees potential in" I replied "next week during dinner"

"Oh" he replied, not knowing what to say. "Anyway. You wanted to talk to me? I'm sure it wasn't about Professor Slughorn and his group of students"

"Actually, it's about that murder" I confessed. He rolled his eyes.

"You're not going to let that go, are you?" He mumbled.

"No. But if you don't want to, you can stay in the castle while I look for the thing. I just need information" I told him.

"Well, for starters, I don't think going into the forest alone is a good idea, and I, sorry, but I don't actually remember. I know it was big, and not a dog, but that's it" he told me.

"Big and not a dog. Got it" I noted.

"If you're going looking for it, I'm going with you, but we are not splitting up" he told me.

"Fine" I sighed "but it's at your own risk"

"There's much less risk involved in pairs than on your own. Trust me, I know what I'm doing. Plus, you'll need me to see if I can remember anything while there" he smirked.

"Shut up"

"Not a chance" he laughed.

-------------------------------

THATS RIGHT GUYS, TWO UPDATES IN UNDER A DAY (but a day has passed for me in Aussieland). I actually didn't know what to do in this chapter. Especially as I'm not one who's known for forgiving people. I hold grudges even after I stop seeing them (that just shows how great a friend I am -.-)

But yeah... I guess that's the update. You can keep commenting and guessing what the thing is. Come on guys, you have until the next chapter is posted (either later today or tomorrow) so come on. Last chance here!

'Til the next time,

-Alza