Chapter 3

Chapter 3

ANNAS P.O.V

I shifted and looked at the clock it said 9:00 am. Good thing I didn't have school today. I sat up and stretched, zack was still here and everything was quiet. Too quiet for normal. By this time my mom should have made breakfast and my dad would be sitting at the table reading the paper and drinking coffee. I heard the sound of braking glass. "Zack?! Is that you?!" No answer. I slowly walked towards the sound "Zack?! It's not funny stop! Your scaring me!!"

"Anna watch out!"

I turn around to see zack running towards me. I go to run to him but something pushes me to the ground. I scream. "Get off of me!" The man was wearing all black and had a mask I tried kicking him away but he kept hitting me, finally I blacked out.

ZACKS P.O.V

Annas laying on the ground motionless. I froze in place and so did the man. I grab a bat from the closet quickly and hold it out in front of me.

"Who are you?!"

"Your worst nightmare" and suddenly he's gone. I blink hoping it was a nightmare, that anna was okay. But she was still on the ground. I drop the bat and kneel beside her.

"Anna?!?! Anna please wake up!" Nothing, sirens sound in the distance and I feel tears coming.

"Anna please..... I need you....."

•••••••••

(Now she's in the hospital room and her parents are also there it's also back in annas p.o.v)

My whole body aches. I slowly open my eyes and the first face I see is zacks.

"Hey anna banana, how ya feelin?"

"It hurts"

"I know it does, but the doc said---" the doctor walks in.

"Anna Johnson?" I look to my mom and she nods.

"Yes I...I am" my hands are shaking zack takes my hand and squeezes it reassuringly.

"We'll you were beaten pretty badly but lucky nothing's broken. Just some internal bruises but you can leave whenever you want." I nod and the doctor leaves.

"What happened?" My dad looks at me.

"We'll while you and zack were asleep someone must have broken in but they didn't take anything it's like they were waiting for someone to wake up. Like they were waiting for you"

"What?!"

"They didn't attack zack they only attacked you...." I stand up and fall to the ground zack catches me and picks me up bridal style.

"I can walk!"

"No you can't, let's go" and with that we all walk to the car. It's already Sunday afternoon so I almost slept for two days. It also meant I had school tomorrow. Ugh, why me?! Why now?