Chapter 21

Drakes P.O.V

The floor was very uncomfortable to sleep on, the constant chimes of bells from the steeple didn't help either. And if it was possible to rip free of the chains grasp, believe me, I would've.

With a groan I collapsed back onto the cold floor. There was no use, I was a prisoner in heaven meanwhile a angel was down on earth pretending to be me. Whoever the hell it was, was with Anna. MY Anna. But than again it could be a positive thing, if they broke the ties than maybe Anna would be safe. But no- she'd never be safe. She was already too deep into this.

"Ahem... Quit your weeping child-"

"I wasn't weeping.. I was trying to get some sleep on this hard ass floor"

The angel visibly winced before speaking again in the same soft tone. "Anyway, you have been granted another chance.. "

My body shot up off the ground. My eyes wide, another chance? Something the fallen were hardly offered. Even if it was from god himself... There had to be a catch.

"That caught you attention, didn't it Drake? Anyway, we will send you back down to enjoy your last week of school though it's about your 100th time being a senior. One last week with Anna.. Than. You break it off.. Simple"

"No that's- no! It's not fair!!" Suddenly the heavenly manner disappeared from my wrists. I leapt from my spot to tackle the angel, only to be met with the cold hard wall. The angel now behind me.

"Oh Drake... It's that or stay up here... And than simply make 'you' disappear..." A smug look crossed the angels face before it faltered back into the same smile it had worn before.

My tongue ran over my dry and cracked lips as I thought the offer over. If I ended things with her than is never be able to see her again. And if I didn't- well id still never be able to see her again. But death could do crazy things to people. It sometimes drove the people close to the victim insane with grief. Closing themselves off for good. But if I ended things with her she- she could always go with Zach... It was time to face the facts.

I wasn't supposed to be in her story.

I wasn't supposed to come into her life.

I wasn't supposed to fuck all of this up.

I was never meant to be her knight in shining armor... Heck, the last good thing I've done was love this girl with all my heart. Something I never thought possible. And for that one good thing I was being punished.

With a curt nod I stood up and matched eyes with the angel, silently Daring him.

"I take the chance... But your angel better not have fucked things up too much"

The angel glared right back before sucking in a sharp breath. And than everything went silent, a bright and brilliant white light blinded my vision and soon a ringing erupted in my ears. I screamed- or I thought I screamed. My senses were exploding in painful bursts... And than silence once again.

Don't mess this up Drake.

My body jolted up and that's when I realized where I was. For starters I sat on my bed. The sheets were folded nicely and everything was still in place. Even the stench of alcohol was welcoming for a moment. The alarm clock on my nightstand said it was about 5:20 in the morning.

And it was Tuesday.

"Shit!" I needed to get to school and hopefully catch Anna before she was sucked into class. I got ready in lightening speed and hopped onto my bike. Speeding towards the school.