Chapter 30

Anna's P.O.V

Cold. Empty. Pain.

Just some of the few things that you experience in a great quantity when someone tells you that they don't love you anymore. You began to analyze every aspect of your relationship, wondering what is was that you did wrong. But what if it wasn't you? No no it had to be otherwise they wouldn't have left you.. Right?

It had been a month since Drake told me he loved me no more. A month since things began to get out of hand. A month since my parents had found me sitting in the shower, fully clothed as the freezing water poured down on me. But I could feel nothing.

"Anna? Honey?" Blinking I looked up from my computer screen that's been sitting in front of me for an hour, playing random songs every couple of minutes. My mom stood in my doorway, her forehead crinkled with worry as she looked at me. She knew she wasn't gonna get an answer so she continued. "Your father and I- we talked to an old family friend. His names Matt Jenkins and he's a- great man that could just help you talk about things that are-"

"Your taking me to a shrink?" I scowled, shutting my laptop and moving myself to the edge of my bed.

"Not exactly- no. Anna this man might, oh honey I just want to see you smile again...." My mom sighed and ran a hand through her dark brown hair. Her stress was my fault, I put the wrinkles in her forehead. Deep down I knew this was least I could do for her.

"Okay mom.." Nodding I got up, my mom leaving the room to let me get ready. Pulling on some jean shorts and a t-shirt from school, grabbing a light zip up just in case the office was cold.

The drive was about 20 minutes, the entire time I sat with my knees to my chest, texting izzy. Trying to get my mind off things but it just didn't seem to work. Everything was bouncing around and still trying to process things that happened months ago. I snapped out of my haze as my father turned around in the passenger seat.

"Okay were here, trust me Anna. This man is very kind and great at what he does. He'll make everything better" by this time we were out of the car and walking towards he brick building. The glass doors were frosted over with the doctors names and hours printed across it.

Mr. Jenkins office was more homey, so to speak. Couches were lined up for the waiting patients and a tv stand was on the wall. Inside, there was a black leather couch directly across from his mahogany desk. Pictures from various places and degrees from various schools hung up on the wall. However my eyes lingered on one in particular. Him and my mom, and my father with Izzy's mom right besides him.

After my parents shared a quick word with him they left the room. Swallowing I took a seat, gently tugging at the sleeves at my jacket.

"My my Anna! How you've grown. But we can discuss that later. First as I am required to tell you; everything you tell me stays with me. Under no circumstances am I allowed to disclose it. Unless you've given me permission. Understand?"

"Uh.. Yes." I nodded, giving up on trying to figure out if I've met him before.

"Good; let's get started..." He fixed his position in his chair and grabbed his pen. Waiting for me to pour my guts out to him.

To spear you the gory details of my first therapy session, it was- okay. I answered questions I wanted to and then I just sat there for a while. And he didn't mind... At least I didn't think he did. Dr.Jenkins, or as he said to call him; Matt, had said he was there for me to 'talk to' and that he would 'help me get better'

But can he fix a broken heart?

----2 months later; August 1st----

Beep. Beep. Beep.