Chapter 16

Anna's P.O.V

I sat huddled in a big plush arm chair, it was leather and smelled of smoke. Like a chair that grandpa would sit in and smoke his pipe while telling telling tales to his small grandchildren, of his wondrous adventures as a teen.

Sadly, this was a tale I wouldn't be able to tell my grandchildren. It would probably scare the shit out of them and make them never want to set foot in 'grannies house' again.

The hunger games played on the big tv screen drake had in one of the numerous rooms. Despite the crappy exterior of his house; the inside was pretty homely. Especially when his brother wasn't there.

"Happy hunger games... And may the odds be ever in your favor!" Effie said in her all to happy voice.

Ben and izzy sat cuddled up together on the love seat, meanwhile like I said before; I'm all alone.

My nose scrunched in disgust as I glared at them, why couldn't I have an adorable relationship. It's like when I see happy couples in the hallway at school. I wish a trap door would appear beneath them and they'd fall through.

Horrible? Yes. Funny? Yes. Solution for single people? Yes.

Since all the above were answered I think my reasoning for trap doors was good. Ben glanced in my direction and frowned.

If it's because of the glare, then he'd have to deal with it. Averting my gaze back to the screen. My mind tried to concept the idea of our world actually becoming like panem. I was pretty close to finding my survival strategy when Ben spoke up.

"You know he didn't mean it right?"

"Mean what?"

"Your wrist..." Oh that's right, my probably broken wrist. The ace bandage zack had neatly wrapped around it remained in place.

The evil, sinister look that was in drakes eyes appeared in my head, causing a shudder to radiate through my body.

"Sure..."

"No Anna seriously," Ben sat up and so did izzy. She crossed her legs and turned to face me. A serious look on her face. The same with Ben, "drake.. I've known drake for years... Since we both fell actually but back to the point, he's only cared about one other person this much before..."

My eyes narrowed and my head tried to grasp what they, more so Ben, was saying.

"I don't-"

"Drake loves you..."

Wow, drake loved me. The thought made me smile, intrigued me. A sudden bubbliness exploded inside of me. But it was pushed away by a force. A dark force. As if something or someone was pushing on my chest. A weak gasp escaped my lips.

Izzy jumped up alarmed "Anna?!"

Ben looked frantic for a moment.

"I'm f fine... J just heartburn..." My only logical explication was just what I had told them. Because in truth what just happened; well... Had no explanation. "W where drake? I want to talk to h him..."

Ben nodded and left the room to me and izzy while he went and check. What felt like two seconds later, because it was two second. Ben was already upstairs and tossing out jackets at us.

"Why do we need these?" Questioned izzy, her eyes holding question.

"Because... Were leaving; drakes gone.."

My eyes widened. Why would he leave? Something urged me to out my jacket on and start walking risky to the door. Izzy and Ben followed behind me.

"Where is he?" I asked making sure to keep my composure. The emotions inside of me were bouncing off the walls and it felt like another brake down would come.

Ben swallowed nervously "the bar..."

Drakes P.O.V

"Pour me another one josh!" I called to the bartender who's name was well; josh.

Beer did help, so did vodka, and tequila and any other drink the bartenders had offered me.

Honestly anything would help at the moment. The fact that I had put Anna in danger was enough to set me off.

Stumbling onto the dance floor my mind was jumbled. Black and white fuzzes clouded my vision causing everything to look like the movies you'd see on a drive in theaters screen. Not that I minded; it was pretty cool.

'Rap God' by Eminem blared over the speakers, girls danced with drinks in their hands,guys grinded on any girl willing to let him, and the air had the beautiful smell of alcoholic beverages.

Yes, your typical club atmosphere. Even if it was only 4 no 6ish in the afternoon.

My feet crossed and suddenly and everything and everyone seemed to sparkle. The lights flickered. Everyone's head turned to images of the arch angles..

Maybe I've had a little too much... Woah.. I don't think lights are supposed to know how to dance..

Somehow, my feet and brain managed to make myself move to the front, or maybe it was the back.

My directions were off; same with my sense of balance.

Someone was calling my name.

"Drake! Drake! Drake!"

Like a stadium would for their favorite team.

No words left my mouth as I tried to answer.

A dark figure towered over me, and whispered something. Something I only got parts of.

"All... Fault... She's... Too... Die..."

Anna... Where Anna? My mind flicked to her.

That's when it all went black

--------------------------------------

[ A/N: oh my god guys! Thank you so much for 297 reads. You honestly have no idea how much that means to me! I never thought it would have as much reads as it does now.. Please COMMENT, VOTE, and SUBSCRIBE!! Hope you all have a wonderful vacation ]