Chapter 22

Anna P.O.V

"Anna make sure you get the note to your attendance lady, otherwise Zach's mom and dad will not be able to pick you up for Zach's takeoff"

"Mhmm" The note sat neatly folded on my vanity, my mothers neat script across it.

Meanwhile I was putting the finishing touches on my makeup. My goal was to look the best I could without looking like I was trying too hard. Which resulted in using only mascara, eyeliner, a bit of blush and some lip gloss.

Clothes wise, I was wearing a beautiful red sun dress which Zach had gotten me for my 16th birthday. It had been a bit big when he first got it so it fit perfectly now; it ended just above my knees and was strapless. White flats adorned my feet and my hair fell down my shoulders in white curls.

Swallowing I took one last in the mirror before grabbing the note and skipping down the stairs. My mom kindly handed me my backpack along with a small basket.

"Mom, what is this for? Are you trying to me me look like little red riding hood?"

She chuckled as she adjusted a loose strand of my hair. "No dear you did that to yourself... But it's a small care package for Zachary. Me and your father put it together.. Mostly me but ya know"

A small smile crossed my face as I took a quick glance of what was inside. "He'll love it mom. I'll make sure he takes it.. I should go though.. Don't want to miss the bus.."

Mom put her hands up almost in surrender before nodding and kissing my forehead. "Okay okay, just make sure he knows to have a safe trip..."

Nodding I left the house and went towards the bus stop, humming 'besides you' quietly. Which only brought back the amazing memories from last night. It felt like I should've been the one giving him a gift, not the other way around. He was too sweet for his own good.

Sighing I looked down the block to see if the bus was close, but it wasn't. It was still parked at the end of the block; the driver plopped in the seat and reading this mornings paper. He always did the same thing every morning, evening if it was pouring rain and he clearly saw us getting soaked.

"Baby girl!" The familiar sound of drakes voice broke through my thoughts, he sat in a car which was driving besides me on the sidewalk.

"Drake... When did you get a car?"

"Well I don't think that is needed to know right now, but I'm willing to offer a ride to the horrid place known as school"

Drake could be offering me a ride to school in a stolen car. And as I narrowed my eyes at him, his wide smile only grew bigger. "Fine.. But if we get pulled over I'm telling them you kidnapped me"

His expression seemed hurt for a moment but it quickly flickered back to a confident one. Reaching over he popped open the door. As I slid in I placed my bag on the floor along with the basket.

"You know.. Im sorry for the other couple days.."

"It's fine Drake really I-"

"No it's not Anna"

"It's fine!"

"God dammit no it's not!" The car lurched to a stop and I braced myself against the dash. Swallowing I casted my glance at Drake who was gripping the steering, his knuckles white. Some sort of internal battle seemed to be going on by the way he sat extremely still. As much as I wanted to come up with a snarky comment I was afraid.

"Drake?"

"What?!"

"I- I just wanted to know of you were okay I'm so-"