Chapter 1

In any story, the villain is the catalyst. The hero's not a person who will bend the rules or show the cracks in his armor. He's one-dimensional intentionally, but the villain is the person who owns up to what he is and stands by it~Marilyn Manson

Siena

What is a supervillain's favorite board game?

That seems like one of the most ridiculous and unneeded questions to ever ask. But, in my world, it's really not. Hey, that's what happens to you when you're the most powerful supervillain in all of New York City. And a freshman law student at Columbia. Welcome to my world.

Oh, and to answer that question, it's Monopoly.

Being a super villain is so much more daunting than a person would think. Especially when you have to deal with law school, friendships, and just keeping a such a massive secret.

In supervillain and superhero TV shows, do they ever really show the home life on TV? No. But do you know how hard it is to keep something like this a secret from your closest friends?

Me, I have it even harder. I live with my best friend, Dylan Henns, who also studies at Columbia. Dylan and I have known each other since we were five years old. We literally grew up next door to each other. I trust him more than anyone. But it gets so hard sometimes to keep this a secret from him.

But, that's the sacrifice you make for being evil. Villains have lives too.

"Hey, Siena, you wanna play a game before class today?" Dylan bounded into the kitchen with a grin on his face.

He had startling blue eyes like the sea, black hair like the night, and tanned skin, like a natural California boy. Definitely attractive.

But I had been friends with him for so long now, I couldn't think about him like that. Plus, how was I supposed to be in a relationship, with the whole, ya know, villain thing?

"Sure. Just let me finish up here." I said, packing away my sandwich with lettuce, tomato, ham, and pepper.

"Come on. We don't have that much time before bed. We have to do this now."

"Hey, just wait one minute." I snapped at him. I immediately saw the hurt look flash across his face and sighed.

"Look Dylan, I'm sorry. I just get really annoyed sometimes." And I know you're thinking, Wow, she's cold. But I'm a villain. I'm not exactly lollipops and unicorns.

"It's ok. I've been your friend forever. I know all about those crazy mood swings you get." Dylan said, smiling.

I laugh softly. Ever since Dylan and I became roommates, I seemed to laugh a lot more than I had when I was younger. Ever since we were kids, there have only been two people who could get me to truly laugh. Dylan was one of these people.

I walked over to the TV and pulled out the board game that was underneath it, and we began playing.

An hour later, Dylan was groaning as I was whooping his ass in Monopoly.

"Come on, Siena, stop beating me and just lose already." He chuckled.

I smirked and said, "Not happening. It's too funny to watch you get beaten by me. You know, for like the fiftieth time in a row."

I glanced at the clock and saw the time. Shit! I was supposed to be on my way for my next "evil deed". God, that sounds so cheesy, like out of a B-list movie.

"Hey, Dylan, I think we're out of ice cream. I'm going to head to the store to get some more, ok?"

"You and your ice cream. I think you like it more than you like people."