Chapter 7

I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. ~ Bane

Dedication: To Eve_The_Spy for getting my motivation up enough to even start writing on Wattpad. It all started with you! Thank you for being such a great author.

Siena

"Siena, are you insane! Did you really just said that?" Calli whisper-shouted in my ear.

I can't respond. I'm too shocked by what I just said. "Umm, maybe?"

"Oh, there's no maybe. You really did just said that. Did you actually mean it?" She asked me.

"Kinda." I sighed. "You can't blame for thinking that. Have you seen him? Am I wrong for feeling that way?"

Calli huffed in annoyance and defeat. "I suppose I can't be mad at you for thinking that the hottest superhero ever is cute."

I laughed into the comm, but stopped as soon as I remember what happened. "Calli, all those people."

"Siena, I know you feel bad about that, but what could we have done? There's nothing more that you guys could do."

"I know. That just makes it worse." I sighed, but I'm not feeling too sad. I pushed away the emotions. I learned early on in life, affection is overrated. You shouldn't expect any, and you shouldn't give any. Strange words coming from a girl who has a loving family, huh?

"Siena, you've literally never said that to a boy before, except Nick. You haven't dated someone seriously for about 3 years. Is this about Alex and Dylan?" She asked.

"No Calli, it's not about Alex and Dylan. It's not about the fact that one of my close friends was in love with me while I was in love with his best friend, who was also my best friend. It's not about the fact that when Dylan unknowingly broke my heart, I went out with Alex and it ended peacefully, but things between Dylan and I were strained." I said sarcastically.

"Whoa! Calm down." Calli said, and I heard the hurt tone in her voice.

"I'm sorry, Calli." I apologized, even though I really don't feel remorse.

"Whatever, Siena. Just remember, one of these days, you're going to have to own up to both of them, since what happened between you and Alex is still unclear to Dylan. He's still good friends with him, but you aren't, and he doesn't understand why." She reminded me gently.

"Yeah, I know. Talk to you later, Calli." I said, and switched off the comm.

I sighed and teleported back to the car from behind a store near the Statue. I quickly changed so I can head back to the house and eat dinner.

I hope Dylan's got something ready at home, I thought wistfully.

I drove along, tapping my fingers to the radio, but my thoughts are flooded with what I said to Warrior. Even if he is my nemesis, I'm still attracted to him more than anyone else. Except Nick and Dylan.

Wait, scratch that last one. Just Nick. Both other than those two- I mean one person. I haven't been in a serious relationship since I was 15.

I shook my head and cleared all my thoughts about Dylan and Nick and Warrior. But by the time I've done this I'm pulling into the road in front of my apartment building. I went up the elevator and unlocked the door. I entered, and I'm surprised to see Dylan rushing around, trying to get everything ready for dinner.

"Siena!" He said, a shocked look on his face. "I didn't expect you to be home so soon! Dinner's not quite ready yet. We've got Thai noodles with chicken tikka masala today."