Chapter 6

You only have your thoughts and dreams ahead of you. You are someone. You mean something.~Batman

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to Abby123T. She's my best friend on Wattpad and in real life, and I thank her so much for the support that she's given me in all the books that I write, with her many comments and voting. Go and check her books out too!

Dylan

I immediately switched off the TV following Gemini's announcement at the look on Siena's face. She looked incredibly pale and like she's about to faint. All of a sudden, I was overcome with worry after the train crash today. What if something's wrong with her?

I gripped her shoulders and shook them lightly. "Siena, are you ok? Please tell me you're ok. Do we need to go to the hospital?" I know I'm not giving her a chance to respond, but I'm too worried to care.

Her eyes suddenly cleared and she placed her hand on mine. She then proceeded to shove it off. "I'm fine. Don't be so worried."

I was taken aback by her sudden mood change but decided that it's her business what goes on in her life.

"I'm sorry. I was just wondering if it had anything to do with the train crash today. For all we know, there could be something horribly wrong with you that we haven't caught yet."

"Please. We're not on an episode of Grey's Anatomy."

I put a hand to my heart. "I hope not! Too many people die!"

She rolled her eyes at me and then got up, heading to the kitchen and pulling open the fridge to see what we have

"Ok, all I can see that we can make food out of is Nutella, peanut butter, and bread." She glanced over at me. "So, like it or not, you're getting a Nutella and peanut butter sandwich."

I nodded. "Sounds good."

While Siena got ready placing the sandwiches together, I leaned over the table and asked, "So what do you think about Gemini?" I know I'm poking the bear right now, but I don't care. They hurt my best friend.

She stiffened ever so slightly, but only for a fraction of a second. "I think they're an actual threat to this city. Have you noticed Black Hawk's never killed anyone, and then Gemini shows up and within two hours, there are fifty plus casualties?"

I nodded, seeing her point. "Whoever Warrior is," she remarked, placing the sandwiches on plates and putting them in front of us, "he's going to have his work cut out for him."

I nodded, trying to maintain a calm expression on my face, even though what I'm feeling inside is anything but that.

"Yeah." I struggled to find the right words. "It's quite difficult to have that responsibility weighing on someone's shoulders, I mean, it's a huge responsibility."

"Yeah." Siena said. "I pity the poor kid who has to face off against them. It's his responsibility to keep the citizens of New York safe, and his job just got a whole lot tougher."

I raised my eyebrow. "You, feel bad for someone? I'd never thought I'd see the day when that happened."

She smirked. "Don't get used to it.

I shakily smiled for her benefit, so she can't see how worried I am. "That sounds more like the Siena that I know. I'm going to go eat in my room. I've got some work to get done." I picked up my plate and head out of the kitchen before she can said anything.

Heading into my room, I dropped the plate on my desk and grabbed the sandwich, flopping onto my bed as I began to eat it. I took a bite as I stared up at the ceiling, thoughts swirling in my head, and worries plaguing me.