Chapter 28

You poor simple fools. Thinking you could defeat ME?! Me, the Mistress of all evil!~Maleficent, Sleeping Beauty

Dedicated to the wonderful and always supportive Julliette123. Thanks for the comments and the voting, it really means so much. I love you! <3

Siena

Christmas shopping at the last second is like a Hunger Games in our very own world. I'm serious. You straight up need a Katniss Everdeen, a truckload of nightlock berries, and access to fire to get through the last minutes crowds in New York City. I'm still wondering if I came out there with all of my body parts. I think I lost a few toes.

At least the one place where I was going to buy something, the bookstore, was relatively quiet. Which meant it was pretty packed, but at least it wasn't like Macy's or one of those other stores. What? I do most of my shopping at Hot Topic and on Redbubble.

Anyways, everyone in the bookstore respects that it should be quiet, which is why it was a peaceful place to be. Walking in, I immediately felt the calming effect of being surrounded by books. This was literally the best place in the world to be.

I went over to the fantasy section and ran my fingers over the spines of the books. Even though both half of our rooms were taken up by bookshelves, there were always more books to buy and read.

"Hello there." A woman said softly behind me. "Can I help you?"

I turned around and took my hand off the books, letting it fall limply to my side.

"Yes. Do you have any complete series here?" I asked. "Like in a box set."

She nodded and led me over to the series section of the store. "We have various versions of the series and different covers."

"Thanks." I said, walking over to the shelf. I knew Dylan owned both the English and American versions of Harry Potter, so I couldn't get him those. I also knew he owned just about every Rick Riordan book ever written, so that was out of the question. Sorry. I could spend hours talking about books.

Eventually, I just picked up all of the Cassandra Clare books except for Lady Midnight, because I knew that while he had read all the books, he didn't own any of them. Thank god for Warrior giving me the idea though. I had no idea what to get Dylan, and I was pretty sure he had a fantastic gift to give me.

"Would you like that wrapped?" The man at the counter offered.

Ripped back to reality from staring at all of the books, I glanced at him and nodded. "Oh. Yes please."

It took him about fifteen minutes do so, so I just walked around the store near the counter, and managed to find about 17 new books to add to my TBR list.

I hefted the large bag full of books. All 11 of her books so far were incredibly heavy, and I staggered to my car, finally dumping them in my trunk.

Walking in, I noticed both Jake and Calli were there, awkwardly flirting with each other. I placed the presents underneath the tree in the corner and walked over to Dylan, who was snickering at them as he watched them.

"Our friends flirting again?" I whispered into his ear, leaning over.

"Yup." He answered. "They came over here to help us out with the party, because apparently we have 'no fashion sense.'" He said, putting the last few words in air quotes. I rolled my eyes and just kept watching them. It's about time they got over their animosity and realized their attraction.

"Hey guys, could you stop flirting and tell us what's the game plan?" I casually interrupted.

They both looked flustered, jumping a bit out of their seats before both their faces became as red as tomatoes once they realized that Dylan and I were smirking at them.