Chapter 58

Strange, I thought, how you can be living your dreams and your nightmares at the very same time.~ Ransom Riggs, Hollow City

Dedication: To the wonderful and ever bright, Roonil_Wazlib13. It was great meeting you over periscope, you seem like a really great person!

Siena

Odd how life can go from being typical and normal to completely bizarre and unbelievable in a matter of seconds, huh? I guess that's the point of it. That's why they call it a roller coaster ride.

To me, that's never made much sense. On a roller coaster, the drops and the soaring heights you reach are not unexpected. They don't hit you somewhere out of the blue. They're at least anticipated. You know what you're getting into once you step on that ride. No one ever says that about life.

They say it's messy, it's complicated, it's simple, it's beautiful, it's horrible, it's this, it's that. There is no it is. There is just it. You can't describe life. You can't categorize it like you can everything else. You can't suggest that it's one thing, when it is the other.

In a way, life is like friendship. You can't say friendship is loyalty, because it's not only that. Friendship is beauty. It's kindness. It's being able to laugh with someone who understand you better than no one else. Someone who gets you.

Life, and friendship, to me, has always been about understanding more than anything else. About connecting, more than anything else. But it's not only that. Friends aren't the same people as you. While they may get aspects of your life, no one is you. People are a part of you. I've got pieces of myself made up of friends, family, people who I would kill and die to protect.

Our bodies are mainly up of 6 elements. Oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, carbon, calcium, and phosphorus. That's what the universe is made up of. So we're all little universes, floating around in their own right. Pieces of galaxies and stars inside us. We're all made of the same things. The same things that make us human, that make us stars.

A supernova shining bright. I am a supernova

But supernovae collapse, into black holes.

I jolted awake, but this time, I was tied down. Back in the room where Dorothy had taunted me, and Michael had appeared, but I was shackled to the bed. Michael must be sending me these visions. I had never gotten so many at the same time.

I shut my eyes and shook my head, but before i could open my eyes, a visions flashed before my eyes.

I was breathing heavily, panting as I ran down the concrete sidewalk. My feet slapped against the hard pavement, and the light of streetlights shone down on me as I ran. What was I running from?

I pumped my arms, hard, and rounded the corner, and I understood instantly. I wasn't running from something. I was running towards it.

The girl's long black hair flowed around her shoulders as she sprinted away from me, but she had no choice. I fired up my hands with energy blasts and rocketed into the air, leaping from building to building on the roof.

Finally, i jumped down and pulled her into an alleyway, where I finally faced her. Shreya. But, I didn't want to kill her. What was going on? No matter what, my hands seemed to move of their own accord. They slammed Shreya against the alleyway wall and dug around in the jacket pocket.

"Please." She choked out. "There's something wrong with you. Let me help."

My body paid no attention to her and slammed the needle into her skin, pressing it in. She dropped from me immediately, and i knocked her out, letting the air flood her blood stream. Then, I felt a pain in the back of my neck, and I too dropped unconscious on the ground next to her.