Chapter 49

It's kryptonite, Superman. Little souvenir from the home town. I spared no expense to make you feel right at home.~ Lex Luthor

Dedication: To Rey-From-Jakku for the massive influx of votes and comments she gave me, along with her huge support. You left a wonderful comment the other day. Thank you so much!

Siena

I'm gonna put it on record: I officially hate sleepwalking. Ok, it's really not ideal, and it's really weird. Most people don't end up sleepwalking out of their house, let alone hundreds of miles away. So then how the hell did I end up here, in a field back home? Why was I back home. This was evidence of my sleepwalking. I would never go back on my own. Voluntarily, at least.

Jolting awake, this time I found myself in a field, surrounded by hundreds of ripped out plants and broken branches. I staggered back in surprise; my eyes had shot open while I was standing, not lying down. I held out my hands in front of me. They were covered in dirt, and it was underneath my fingernails, in the lines, everywhere, up to my elbows. I rubbed the thumb of my right hand against the palm of my left, to try and rub away some of the dirt. Rubbing through, I saw the remnants of dried blood hidden behind the drt that had caked on my skin.

Horrified, I stared at my hands once again. It would have been better had the blood been coming from me. But instead, there were no cuts, no sharp bites of stinging pain where the dirt should have hurt. So the blood wasn't mine. But who's was it?

I was scared. Scared of myself, scared of what I could do, scared of what I was capable of when I couldn't control it.

Once I freaked myself out thoroughly, I decided to actually see where I was. Unlike the previous times I had been sleepwalking, this one seemed to hold clues at to what I was doing there. I was standing in the middle of an orchard, with apple trees surrounding me on both sides. I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to get as warm as I could, and enveloped my body in a light cocoon, so that it kept in the warmth and kept out the cold. Everywhere I walked, light beams shone on the surrounding area.

Trees were ripped out, not too many, just a few, but their bodies looked mangled and horrible, branches stark, the trunks frozen and barren. To my left was the peach trees, and a few of them looked the same. Understanding dawned on me. I had done this. I had ripped out these trees. But why? It was winter, it wasn't like anything was going to be of much help. Nothing was growing.

I shook my head and walked towards the front of the rows, the only way I knew where to go. Looking around, I realized that I knew this place. It was where my family and I went apple-picking every year when I was younger. Well, where my parents dropped Alessia and I off for apple-picking while they went to work, and then picked us up.

I gingerly stepped out onto the dirt path road, looking both left and right for anyone coming my way. After all, I was quite literally a beacon in an otherwise pitch black field. There was no one, so I closed my eyes and tried to teleport. However, the second I attempted to do so, I feeling a massive pain spiral through my head, and nearly blacked out from the pain. I collapsed to the ground, clutching my head, and breathing heavily.

I looked up, black spots dancing across my vision, and sucked in a few deep breaths, trying to clear my head and blink away the spots. Once I felt I had gathered my bearings enough, I decided to try once more, and at least get close to my home. I got rid of my energy shell, feeling the cold seep in instantly. I needed every bit of energy I had left to even get me anywhere near my home.

Instantly, I felt the free falling sensation that was a tell-tale sign of me traveling through space. When I opened my eyes, I was on the roof of my building. I shrugged. What the hell. I'd take it.