«chapter nine: two cats in one place»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

Reviewing the night's events in the shower, I decided I messed up; I mean did I really just trust Nightwing? No. I have known the guy since we were kids and the closest thing we came to trusting each other was both deciding that Catwoman and Batman were incredibly gross together.

I can't believe I told him I trusted him. Well, his judgment.

Maybe it's not so bad... I mean he basically said the same thing. And, I mean, his judgment isn't the worst.

But I wasn't supposed to tell him that. I wasn't supposed to go on a mini patrol either. I didn't want to be on his stupid team. I don't want to be on his stupid team.

I sigh and close my eyes as I lean back into the water, the warm liquid relaxing my tense muscles. I don't trust him. I trust his judgment, because I don't trust anyone. Not fully. Not anymore.

A groan escapes my lips as I slam the shower off and quickly get out. I wrap a towel around my cold body and sit on the edge of my tub, gripping the sides for a few moments before finally looking up into the mirror.

It's ok. You can do this. Don't get comfortable, and don't talk to anyone.

I let out a deep breath and run my hands through my hair before pushing myself up to get ready.

Like always, there was a numb feeling with the white light.

The light died down.

'Recognize: Catgirl-B26'

"They didn't tell me they got a new cat." Said a purr-like voice.

My eyes widen, "Cheshire." I stare at the assassin in front of me, slightly on edge with her unannounced appearance.

"In the flesh," She smirks her hands on her hips.

I slowly walk up to her, keeping my eyes up as I watch her. Red Arrow, Kid Flash, Nightwing, and Aqualad are talking a few feet away, I note, my eyes scanning the room before I look back to Cheshire.

"Didn't know they got you too," She points out referring to her switching sides. Then again, with Cheshire I feel like no one ever knows what side they actually are on.

I cross my arms and look at the group of boys out of the corner of my eyes, keeping my head still so they don't know I am looking at them. They were now listening to us.

"I think they like taking in strays," My smirk laces into my tone as I place my hands on my hips and look at the boys. Put on a face, be what they expect.