«chapter eighteen: coming clean»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

"Brooklyn. You need to tell me why you are acting like that to Rogue. We have had three sessions and so far I only know your full name." Black Canary tells me, annoyance and tiredness seeping through her tone.

I'm surprised she managed to hide it up until this point if I am honest.

"That's more than what most people can say." I snap defensively, crossing my arms and falling back into the green chair.

She acts as if I don't know we have had four sessions now, four hours of her trying to get me to talk and all she has gotten is my name, which isn't much considering Batman already knows that.

She is tired of this? Well, I am tired of this. I'm so tired. I feel like screaming, crying, and punching something all at once.

Screaming because it's frustrating that no one trusts me and they all treat me like an outsider. I'm the crazy one. I'm the one they can't trust.

Crying for Ben. Crying because I know he would have helped me through this. He wouldn't want this. And he didn't deserve what he got.

Punching Rogue's face repeatedly for putting me through all this. I don't know how much more I can take of being looked at like a psychopath.

Has anyone ever thought that maybe looking at people like a psychopath turns them into one? Because I'm pretty sure I'm about to join that club.

Maybe I will see Harley, or hear her in my head, whichever comes first. Maybe I already am crazy, but refuse to not believe it. Truthfully, I wouldn't be surprised if I am crazy.

Once again, I am in the peaceful room, as I like to call it, having a session with Black Canary. It's our fourth session, and we only have ten minutes left and I haven't said anything in the past fifty minutes.

The strange thing is the 'peaceful room' is about the most annoying thing right now. Actually, I love this room when I am in therapy. It is a great place to read.

"Brooklyn, I know you hate this, but you have to open up to someone." Black Canary leans forward, resting her elbows on her knees," I won't judge you. I will understand."

That was it.

"I don't care what you think about me. I know what I am doing is right. What's not right is how everyone looks at me!" My voice turned into a shout, "And no, you will never understand, because you don't trust me! You don't know!" My voice cracks on the last sentence and I rip off my glasses and throw them to the ground in frustration. Tears sting my eyes, I try so hard to hold them back. I try to blink them away, avoiding her eyes, but I can't. I can't hold it in. Not anymore.