«chapter fourteen: therapy»

___________________

_________________

CATGIRL'S POV

  My hands grip the tough and worn fabric of my jeans. In some deep psychological way, I could be described the same way; tough because I have been continually faced with obstacles that have worn me down over time.

  Then again, I am only good at reading people, not myself.

  But I know for a fact that being at the site of the crime can not be could for my mental health. At least that's what I am telling myself as I sit very tense and uncomfortably in the exact same room where, just a few days ago, an old wound was ripped open; emotionally and physically. Now I feel like a mental one is starting to also open as I glance up at Black Canary who is writing something down in a notebook. What, I have no idea, because I have said a word sense we started the session over an hour ago.

  And if things couldn't be any worse than being trapped in the same stupid room where Rogue threatened the team a few days ago, I am also being forced to wear civilian clothes, which makes me feel practically naked among the others who are all suited up and ready to go.

  Flicking one of my French braids over my hair, my eyes study Black Canary behind my shaded glasses.

  And what landed me here? Nightwing and Aqualad thinking I am actually unstable.

I'll show them unstable.

  Deep breaths. I close my eyes for a few moments.

  If being insane is wanting to protect people who don't trust me then sure, call me insane.

  When I open them again, I meet Black Canary's gaze again, her sitting across from me with her hands resting comfortably on her knees.

  Glad someone is having a good time, I think bitterly.

  "So, Catgirl, why did you attack Rogue?" She asks for the tenth time in the last hour.

  I don't think they planned on me being this stubborn, because every single time she asks, I just stare blankly. In fact, I'm actually surprised she hasn't lost her temper and started yelling yet.

  She lets a few more moments go before, "Wow, I think you're more stubborn than Superboy." She laughs dryly. She waits to see if I plan on replying, spoiler alert: I don't, before continuing, "Since you clearly aren't going to tell me today, how about we start with the basics." She sticks out her hand for me to shake," Hi, I am Dinah Lance."

  What the heck? My eyes widen in shock. Did she just tell me her name? Her secret identity?

  She must have seen my face because she laughs, for real this time, and says," Why are you so shocked?"