«chapter thirty: nightmares and late-night talks»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

After I finish telling everyone, they are all silent.

I wipe the stray tear away, looking away, wishing I didn't feel so vulnerable in front of them, so I use my arms to move my wheelchair, even if it hurts. I want to get out of there.

Someone stops me. I look up to see the dark knight. He turns me to face everyone. They all had a look of awe, sorrow, and guilt.

They all regret not trusting me.

"We didn't know..." Wondergirl trails off.

"I am sorry, Amiga," Jamie said guilt on his face.

"We are all sorry, not only for what we did but for what she did," Aqualad says with a sad smile.

I put on a tight smile, "It's ok." Everything will be ok.

Beastboy breaks through and starts running to me. My eyes widen, as he tries to hug me. I flinch, but don't feel him. I open my closed eyes and lookup. M'gann had him in the air with her powers.

"Garfield! She is hurt, you can't hug her!" M'gann scolds.

"Yes, he can," I say, "just watch the stomach." I smile as his whole face lights up like a Christmas tree. He carefully wraps his arms around my neck.

"Me next!" Bart raises his hand. Everyone laughs aside from Batman who is sending me a 'we are so going to talk later' look.

I laugh too and say, "Why not?" Giving him a hug. When I let go, I fake a yawn because I don't want them to keep looking at me the way they are right now.

"You should go get some rest, you must be tired," Batman says, understanding.

It's not a lie I was tired. We went on that mission around 6:00 p.m. Now it's around midnight so everyone should go home.

"Wait, why are you guys still here, it's midnight," I ask confused, realizing they should have gone home a long time ago.

"We wanted to wait to see you." Lagoon boy says, "We were all worried when Kid Flash called it in."

I smile at the fact they cared so much before I say, "Thank you, but you guys should go get rest."

Soon, it was just Canary, Artemis, KF, Batman, Aqualad, and Nightwing. M'gann gave me a hug and Conner smiled at me before they had to leave to make sure Garfield actually went to bed.

"I do not think you should go on any missions for a few weeks, maybe a few months." Aqualad states in a firm tone, crossing his arms in a 'this is final' pose.