«chapter twenty-one: alfred saves the day»

________________________________

CATGIRL'S POV

I open my eyes to see the Batcave. I really hope Nightwing doesn't undo my hack. As much as I hate it, he has always been much better at that stuff than me.

"Alfred?" I shout the loudest I can, hoping he realized it's me instead of coming down with a shotgun like the first time around. I wait a few minutes before I hear him walking down the stairs.

"Miss Brooklyn? What brings you here?" He asks bewildered at my sudden appearance, especially without Batman, Nightwing, or Robin.

"You stitch up Bruce, right?" I bit my lip, the pain a dull pounding now.

The first time she cut me before she killed Ben, she made an inch-deep cut that needed 7 stitches. Weirdly enough, she had called the police before so they got to me and I was okay.

It was just the surface that was reopened now so I should be okay with just Alfred, no need to go to the hospital.

Alfred sighs at my words, "Oh dear. I will get the kit." He turns away to find the kit and his not surprised face tells me this happens a lot.

I walk toward the area of the cave used for a med-bay and sit, slowly taking the stop of my suit off, leaving me in a black sports bra. The top of my suit hangs off my waist but sit covers the rest of my body as I lay down and wait for him to help me.

I grab a blanket from the bedside table, and wrap it around the top of my body, only leaving my stomach, the tissue, and angry red, blood still shining on it.

Alfred walks back down, this time with the kit, taking out a needle and thread before getting right to work and I tell him I don't need any anesthesia.

He starts to inspect and clean it. "You are lucky. The wound just needs three stitches." He says before glancing at me, "Would you mind telling me what happened?"

So she only broke a part of the scar. Good.

I didn't want to tell him. Conner, M'gann, and Black Canary already know.

"Was it Rogue?" Alfred guessed, surprising me. He started the stitching. The needle going into my skin sharply hurts. I look at Alfred instead and breathe deeply.

"I have heard a great deal about her. That you two don't get along." Alfred continues.

I look at him," Alfred?"

He hums in reply, though he doesn't look up from his work.

"Do you believe I would attack without reason? That I am not to be trusted?" I ask quietly before closing my eyes. "I don't think very many people trust me anymore."

"No, I believe most people have a reason for their actions. I have known you for some time now, and I believe that you would protect the people you care for." He says reassuringly before adding, "Remember, not everyone distrusts you."

I bit on my lip again, "How do I make them believe the truth when they don't want to? It's always easier to blame the villain."

"You can't make them want to, but you can show them the truth. Trust me, they want to believe what's real. Just tell them the truth." He finishes with my stitches, cleaning it up and putting a bandage on it. "Put this on it every day, it will heal twice as fast."

He puts the supplies away, as I put on the rest of my suit. I take the cream and put it in an empty pocket. It must really work because I can move around without it hurting too much.

"I have tried, Alfred, but they don't listen."I sigh rubbing my eyes.

"Then show them, Miss Brooklyn." He smiles, "You will figure it out. I believe in you."

I nod slowly, starting to form a plan.

Show them.

She has only shown her true self in the therapy room. No cameras, but the main room...

That's it. I need to wait until this wound heals, but that's it.

"Thank you. For everything" I smile and hug Alfred.

He chuckles and hugs me before agreeing not to tell anyone about this and sending me off.

He offers tea but I decline the need to get home and figure everything out.

When I am ready to leave I get up carefully and type in the location closest to my apartment before Zeta tubing away.

________________________________

A/N:
____
a song that reminds you of this book?

also the next few chapters are completely new!
_____________
thanks for reading, don't forget to vote & comment !!

xoxo, author