«chapter thirty-six: finding out the truth»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

'Start' The computer voice says.

I melt into a fight stance, my eyes studying my opponent as I do.

He is great at combat and skilled in weapons too. He is strong for his age and a good height. His form is strong and perfect.

I wouldn't exactly expect any less. I smirk and ask, "Ready?"

"Yeah," He says back. Simple response, he is concentrating on me, not on words.

I nod and wait for his move, not willing to strike him first. He narrows his eyes and runs forward, punching at my stomach. Dirty move. I backflip out of the way, hitting his hand in the process.

He grunts before he dodges my kick. I run at him and try to punch him, but he catches my hand and flips me. Before I can hit the ground, I catch myself and turn back to him.

He is already running at me, causing me to narrow my eyes at him and run straight at him. He tries to punch me, but I dodge and flip up and over him, and turn fast, grabbing his cape and flipping back over him, taking him with me.

Before he can catch himself, I twist it around my hand and pull, so he flips backward and lands flat on the ground.

'Fail: Red Robin'

He gets up groaning slightly as I let go of his cape, "No one has done that before. Good job," He laughs.

"I have pulled that trick a few times. Remember, I have fought a Robin before." I look at Nightwing, who is watching.

He grimaces, "I hated you when you did that."

"Yeah sure," I smirk before looking back to Red Robin, "Why did you change your name to Red Robin?" I say changing the subject.

"Robin got old." Red Robin shrugs.

He changed his name when I was in recovery. I let it go, and looked at Nightwing.

He wanted to see how I was doing fight wise. I give him a questioning look.

"Your stats are ok." Is all he says, "Thanks Red Robin, you can take a break."

I bite my lip, not wanting to be alone with him as I watch Red Robin look between us before he leaves the room.

I try not to look at Nightwing but know I can avoid him anymore than I already have.

It's been a few days since Lexcorp and I haven't been back much since. I know I like him now. It's different.

I mentally sigh, "Just ok?" I ask, finally looking at him.