«chapter thirty-nine: wally's plan»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

It's been three days since Bialya and within those three days I have successfully ignored Dick. I buried the feelings away.

It's pouring out, so I head to the Phone Booth the fastest I can.

I haven't been to the Cave since Bialya because they haven't needed me and because I needed to catch up on homework. Well, I actually finished my finals before they were due, but they don't need to know that.

I don't know why I decided to go to the Cave today, but I didn't have anything to do and while I wanted to ignore Dick, I didn't want to ignore M'gann, Artemis, or Conner who were usually always there. Wally I didn't really have a choice, because he was quite literally always with Nightwing.

I did go have coffee with Jake. It turns out that he just wanted to talk about how I was doing. He said it was his job as my brother's best friend to look after me. And I did miss him, we promised to hang out more. I just wanted to make sure it was safe for him to do so, because I was starting to get a bad feeling again.

My thoughts drift to Nightwing again. I had decided that I understood not telling me his secret identity because if I found out who he was I probably wouldn't have told him either.

The thing that gets me so upset is that he flirted with me, knowing what he was doing, knowing who I was. He should have told me when he came over to 'check on me'. But he chose to keep getting closer, till it was too late. He could have even told me at the circus. I talked to Haly about him. I bet Haly knows who he is too. How they acted, I mean he acted like a father to everyone, but he did especially to Dan Danger.

I am mad at myself for not seeing it. His hair, smirk, voice, it's all the same. I feel stupid, but I think, deep down, I wanted them to be the same person. I wouldn't have had to pick, or ignore two people. But life isn't that easy.

And I think deep down I knew. My body knew who he was, my subconscious did because I would find myself leaning into his touch without thinking, trusting him without thinking.

'Recognize:Catgirl-B26'

I hold my breath, hoping he wouldn't be here.

"Catgirl!" In one swift move Wally picks me up and super speeds us somewhere.

I hold on to him, scared I will fall. "WALLY!" I scream out, pulling my head in so I don't get whiplash.

"Yes?" He replies calmly.

"Put me down!" I yell, but don't wiggle knowing he would drop me.

"Ok!" He put me down, but went around in a circle with me in the middle. When he stopped he had all of my weapons.