«chapter twenty: a new ally»

________________________________

CATGIRL'S POV

I lean against the wall watching Blue beetle and Robin spar and cross my arms.

Robin was, of course, winning. I guess training with Batman has some advantages. But the creeps they face are definitely a disadvantage I feel.

'Fail: Blue beetle.'

The computer sang out, causing me to jump slightly.

I have never used the computer to spar for a few reasons. One, I wasn't in the system for a few of my spars. Two, I don't like it. In real life, your opponent wouldn't stop if you were on your back. They would strike. I guess it was just two reasons, but it felt like more than that.

"Next is Artemis. Who wants-" Nightwing was cut off.

"Me, right here! Me!" Kid Flash raises his hand, "I have been practicing, and if I must say, I am getting pretty good." Kid Flash smirks at his girlfriend," Ready babe?"

Artemis just smiles and raises her eyebrows. Oh, this was going to be good. I watch as Kid tries to kick at Artemis, but she is too fast. She dodges and tries to punch. He, surprisingly, blocks it, but Artemis kicks his legs out. He falls with a thud.

'Fail: Kid Flash'

I snicker and keep myself from laughing, before feeling something push against me.

I smile and look down at Biscuit. I bend down to pick him up when Nightwing catches my attention, "Next is Catgirl." Nightwing states.

"I will spar with her." A voice calls out. I tense knowing that stupid voice. I swear how do they not realize she is asking for it?

All eyes widen, but mine narrow in on her being me an innocent smile

After a long pause, Nightwing clears his throat, "Is that ok with you?"

It takes me a second to realize he is talking to me, that he is asking for my opinion on the matter. Why would he care if I liked it, he doesn't care if I don't like her on the team.

I look down to Biscuit, praying he will give me the answer. I crouch down and pet him. His green eyes flicked with yellow, answer my prayer.

His eyes are clear of all confusion and are focused. I need to be calm and focused. I will be calm and focused, and not lose my mind. If I do, I will be watching Loony-tunes with Harley. And that was not going to happen.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I state in a calm voice and look up at him.

Nightwing stares at me and I know he is trying to find a believe reason to get this to stop. He doesn't want this sparring match to happen as much as I do.

I have to hold back. Because if I give her what she actually deserves, she won't be able to walk out of this room and it would hurt her to even breathe.

Sorry, that got really violent for a moment.

He hesitantly nods, and I step up to face Rogue.

Rogue, someone who runs away, and abandons. Perfect for her. She continuously abandoned my brother. I just wish she would abandon this little stunt she is trying to pull.

The floor lights up blue and I stand ready. She has super strength, along with everything Kobra Venom gives you. But I had brains and experience.

"Like everyone else's, no weapons." Aqualad reminds us, but I sense he too doesn't want us to fight.

I only nod.