To sequel or not to sequel...

To My Readers,

YOU THOUGHT I WAS DONE, DID YOU? WELL I'M NOT! Or... I might not be.

So I was struck by the inspiration to potentially write a sequel to the Sisterhood. It would take place in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy with Frodo and Sam and the Fellowship. Anyways, I'm still up in the air if this is something I want to commit to, so I wanted to ask: If I write a sequel would any of you read it?

In order to help you make a decision, here's a bit of a sneak peak. Enjoy!

***

PREVIEW

***

Avice walked the familiar pathway leading to Rivendell's center. Her talk with Gandalf has resulted in her being sent to Rivendell to consult with Lord Elrond and Lord Limion, an elven scholar Runa had met on her travels and brought back with her.

As she approached the doors leading to Elrond's quarters, she was sidetracked.

Avice nearly threw the assailant off of her before noticing the familiar red hair.

"Hello Runa," she sighed.

"Avice!" Runa grinned, letting her friend up. "It's been too long!"

"Like you can talk," Avice grumbled. "You're the one that keeps disappearing." Runa offered no explanation, something Avice was used to, merely gesturing for Avice to follow as moved inside.

"So what's going on?" Avice asked as she trailed after Runa.

"Well just about everyone's here," Runa replied. "So the meeting is probably going to be tomorrow. You know, unless something drastic happens."

"When does anything drastic ever happen?" Avice asked sarcastically.

"We've all placed bets, but you can still get," Runa responded.

"Bets on what?" Avice queried warily.

"On what drastic thing is going to happen," Runa replied unabashedly. "My money is on a freak plague of fireflies that invade Rivendell, but Aelith thinks demons are going to attack."

"Aelith is here?"

"Apparently she's been here for a while. She's been working with Elrond's healers, teaching them some of the more obscure techniques she picked up, but she's here for her health as well. She and Bilbo having been having some issues, so Elrond invited them to stay for a bit."

"How charming."

"Isn't it? Oh that was sarcastic, wasn't it?" Runa looked at Avice reproachfully. "You really need to work on your delivery, it's way too deadpan."

"I'll get on that right away."

"There, that was much better!"

Avice rolled her eyes.

"Oh yeah! Nienna is--" Runa's words came late as she was interrupted.

"AAAAAAAAAAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!" A taller figure came hurtling in Avice, throwing her to the floor.

"... here too," Runa finished with a grin as Avice glowered at her.

"Awww," Nienna cooed. "Look at her glare! It's been too long!"

"Let me up or so help me..."

"Yeah, yeah," Nienna hopped up and gave Avice a hand up.

"So you and Lego-lassie, huh?"

Nienna giggled, "He hates it when you call him that."

"Oh yeah," Avice retorted. "I'm not the one who came up with that nickname."

Nienna shrugged sheepishly. "Guilty as charged."

***

SUMMARY

***

Bryony Nora Baggins, daughter of Aelith and Bilbo Baggins, was an ordinary, if somewhat reclusive hobbit. Or so she thought. But with darkness brewing on the horizon she may yet find out she holds more power than she thought...

Avice, Runa and Nienna haven't aged a day since the Battle of the Five Armies, when the Sisterhood split up. Though they had reunited many times since then, this time, the occasion is hardly festive. A Fellowship is being formed and Gandalf knows they will need all the help they can get...

When Bryony and her young cousin, Wendell, are kidnapped by orcs, Wendell's sisters do not hesitate to give chase. Will they reach their loved ones in time? Or will they be caught in the metaphorical currents of a good plot and thrown into a different adventure? And who would bother sending a horde of orcs all the way to the Shire in order to capture two hobbits?

Introducing new characters as well as old favorites comes the sequel to the Sisterhood: The Legacy.

***

So, let me know what you think.

-tegget