Chapter 3

Aelith facepalmed. First Nora and Runa had guilt tricked her into changing the 'complete mission by killing the goblin king' to rescue the attractive and funny dwarves'. Then Nora and Runa had made and carried it out without consulting anyone else.

She stalked into the stupid smoke that they'd filled the throne room with, finally spotting a group of four dwarves huddled together and facing off against way too many goblins.

With a long suffering sigh, she hefted her staff. She took a couple of running steps and then casually flipped over the dwarves to face the goblins.

Without waiting for any of them to recover, she twirled her staff and leapt into action. In minutes, all the goblins were sprawled unconscious or too injured to move.

She turned to the open mouthed dwarves, keeping her satisfied smile to herself, she hooked her staff over her shoulder asking,

"So... do you want to escape?" They all nodded silently. "All right then follow me... uh..." she paused. "What are your names?"

"Dwalin."

"Oin."

"Glion."

"Bombur." She nodded,

"Great. This way." They all trooped after her, rather more slowly than she would have liked...

***

Nienna was having a blast spinning through the horde of goblins taking them out by the handfuls.  When she finally paused to wipe her brow, she notice three dwarves struggling against some goblins blocking a bridge out of the throne room.

Remembering their actual purpose, she ran over, easily taking out the goblins with her wicked scythe. The dwarves backed up, nervously eyeing her and she giggled.

"I'm not gonna hurt you... if I wanted you dead, I'd have let the goblins take care of that..." The dwarves seemed to consider this and one of them said,

"Well true enough... who are you?'

"Nienna," she replied and he nodded gruffly.

"This is Dori and Nori and I am Ori."

"Nice to meet you," Nienna said, "now if you will follow me, we don't want to make the others wait do we?" The dwarves looked at her in confusion.

"Others?"

"Yeah, others," said Nienna matter of factly, "your companions... and mine!" They looked at her apprehensively,

"There's... more of you?" She nodded excitedly,

"Oh yeah! You'll love them!"

******

[A/N: BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAA!!!!!! evil laughter makes you feel better, it is my outlet! yeah... SO VOTE!]