3. More Problems

Chapter 3: More problems

I don't hate you, I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.
- Unknown
________________________________

Martina's pov

It was Saturday which means no school and which also means that I would be jumping up and down in my bed, watching Netflix and eating snacks. But I wasn't in the mood for that. I still couldn't believe that Luke is back in town and I still don't know why he was at Jerkface's house.

The only thing I know is that Jorge have been calling and sending messages to me, the whole afternoon. I haven't replied at one of his messages and every time he calls me, I turn off my phone.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

Why does he have to come exactly when I was about to move on with my life?
I wanted to forget about my past and move on. I have to see him.

But something cut of my thoughts, it was my phone.

I was 100% sure that Jorge was calling me, for the hundred time this hour.
But the thing that I didn't understand why he kept calling me. Maybe he wanted to be done with the interview, as soon as possible. Or he just wanted good grades. And this time I decided to pick up my phone to answer his call. I just hope that he isn't annoying this time because I'm already pissed off.

"What do you want?" I asked certainly annoyed.

"Why did you leave the house early yesterday? Did something happen?" He asked as I rolled my eyes even though he didn't see me.

"I said that I wanted to go home." I said as he sighed.

"Yeah, I know but it's just so weird. You left just when Luke came. ." I winced at the name and rolled my eyes once again.

"Oh my gosh, what's so weird about going home?"

"Are there something going on between you and Luke-" but I cut him off.

"Why do you even care?" I asked.

Silence.

I didn't get an response from him, so I quickly hung up. He's probably joking with me right now and I wasn't in the mood for arguing with him. So I just got up from the sofa and headed to the kitchen.

I took an apple and got out form the kitchen towards our front door. "I'm going out to get a little bit air. I'll be right back!" I yelled to my mom, as I leaved the house. I slowly took on my earphones as I started listening to music.

I wasn't paying attention to the road since I was texting Lodo on my phone saying that I'm completely okay and that she wouldn't be worried about me, when I bumped into a hard toned chest. I quickly fell backwards and landed on my back.

I let out a small yelp as the person - who probably did this to me - handed me their hand. I took it gratefully as a help and stood up. I didn't bother to look at that person.
And, that's when I saw that my phone was on the ground. Oh,thank god, it wasn't broken.

As I quickly took my phone from the ground I looked up to see who it was. Jorge was standing a few inches from my face. Oh, no. I was feeling really uncomftable in that position so, I quickly took a step back.

"Uh, sorry about that." He said starching the back of his neck.

This is so awkward.....

"Eh-uh, it's okay." I replied placing a awkward smile on my face. But the awkward moment was broken by a very familiar voice.
I turned around and came face to face with a grinning Luke.

"Hey again, Tini." Luke said smirking, as he came up to us.
"Sup' J." Luke said as he did the bro-hug with Jorge. I just stood there shocked. How did she knew..

"I guess, I'll see you tomorrow at school, Tini." Luke siad winking at me as he left us.

"How do you know him?" I asked raising an eyebrow at Jorge.

"Huh? He's my cousin."

"Oh. That explains everything."

"How do you know him?" He asked me as I began thinking.
Should I tell him? Should I tell him the truth?.

"I uh- he's my ex." I said as I finally let it all out. JF stood there schocked, exackly how I was when he told me Luke was his cousin.

"How did you brok-" but I cutt him off. I didn't want him to finish his sentence.
"It's a long story and I really don't want to talk about it." I said admitting it.

"Oh, but do you know that, he'll start our school?." He said as nodded in response.

"Yes I figured out." I said in a 'duh' tone, as two minutes of silence passed by.

"I guess, I'll see you in school in Monday." I said as I was about to leave when Jorge voice stopped me from going home. "What now?" I said to him as he replied.

"We're not done with the interview, yet. So I thought, maybe if you want to you, could come to my place?" He said feeling a little awkward.

When did Mr Jerkface get nice?
Am I missing something?
He's never this nice...
He's an annoying and irritating jerk.

"Yeah, I can come to your place at Sunday. Not today though. I'm hanging out with Lodo and her crew today. I'll call you when I'll come over tomorrow." I said to him as he nodded, in reply. I took on my headphones and leaves him, heading to my house

That was so awkward...

****

Lodo and all the others where going to leave, because it was getting really late.

Just when I was about to say something to Lodo before she leaved, my phone's screen light up. I got a new message. And when I clicked it I saw that it was from ME JK a.k.a Jorge.

Mr Jerkface:
Heyyyyyy T

Is he serious?

Me:
What do you want now?

And he typed back immediately.

Mr JK: (it stands for Jerkface)
I'm bored.

As I was about to respond, Lodo took my phone away from my hands. And she read Jorge and I's conversation.
"Aw, that's cute." She said, handing me my phone back, as I rolled my eyes at her.
"What the hell are you talking about? I'm sure that he only texted me to annoy me." I said to her proving my point.

"He could've texted his friends, but instead he decide to text you. That trurly means something."

"Listen. First of all, I don't think we're talking about the same Jorge. Jorge is an annoying and irritaring jerk. Second, I've only known him for 4 days, and we aren't even friends. So that doesn't even make sense." I said as she shrugged at my reply.

"Trust me it does. Anyways, bye Tini, see you later!" And without even me responding back at her, she and all the others left my house. They're Probably, already heading home.

I got up to my room and laid down on my bed. And just when I was about to sleep, I heard my phone beep again.

Me:
Seriously, I want to sleep.

Mr JK:
Who said you couldn't?

Me:
Goodnight Jerkface.

Mr JK:
Night T. Just don't dream about me too much. (;

I don't know why, but I smiled at that comment, as my eyes shut down. And the only thing that was going on my mind was that message . . . . . .