Familiar Faces

Chapter 22: Familiar faces.
*UNEDITED*

I may find my prince,
But my father will always be my king.

Martina's pov

My father was standing three feet away from me, having a knife in his hands as he smirked down at me. I froze at the sight. His blond hair was dirty and his white shirt had a few red spots on it. And when I looked at his shirt a little closer I realized that it was blood. "How are you doing, sweetie?." He asked coming closer as I could feel the smell of cigars and alcohol.
"Don't come near me!" I shouted going backwards.
"I won't hurt you, Tinita." My father said as I was close to cry right now. Tinita was the nickname my father gave me when I was younger. He would always say that to me, before he got like this.
Before he became a monster, like this.

"You nearly killed mom!" I shouted as the only thing I could think of was to run. I wanted to run away badly, but I was stuck in place. I couldn't run. I felt helpless, like the other day.
Just then he got angry throwing me to the ground, he took out his knife ready to hurt me as I finally shouted.

"I miss the old you! I miss my father!" I yelled as this time his eyes got dark. He looked at me like never before, and for the first time I could read his face. He was afraid. He was afraid of himself. He then took steps back, looking unsteady. He Immediately threw the knife and fainted, right in front of my eyes. He fell right on the ground, as blood keep coming from, his head, and that's when I shouted.

"Help! He's bleeding!" I shouted as I saw three people came into my sight. Luke,Cande and Jorge was the one's, helping me up and calling the ambulance.

Yes, I hated my father for doing that thing to my mother, but at the same time I knew that he wasn't being himself.

When some minutes passed by, the ambulance came and buried my father in the car. I followed along as I took out my phone ready to call mother.

I didn't know if she would be happy or sad. Happy that we found him, but sad and disappointed because he nearly killed her and that he is in hospital.

But I don't care.
I decided to call her anyways.

****

"He'll be fine." Candelaria told me, taking a seat beside me as she laidd her hands on my shoulder as support. I gave her my beat smile and turned my head to the floor again.
Maybe he seemed like a monster to be a few days ago, but he is still my father.

"We are sure of it." Jorge and Luke added sitting besides Cande.
Jorge knew about it all and so did Luke for that matter. So i knew why they'd come. But cande, she didn't know anything, but she came anyways.

"Thank you." I whispered to Cande as she gave me a warm smile back still saying words to comfort me. And just then, my mother came running. She had tears in her eyes as she hugged me tightly. "Did he hurt you?" My mother asked me as I shook my head. "He hurt himself." I said pointing to a door aw the man took out father from the room as nurses ran away with him to the operating room. My mom laid a han over her mouth when she saw the sight. I knew that she didn't hate him, she still cared for him.

"Mom, he isn't being himself." I whispered to her as she nodded.
"I know, sweetie, but having him around is dangerous." She said as she took a deep breath.

"I know that you may not like this, but" My mother continued not before hesitating. "We will move to another town, in three days." My mother said as it felt like my whole heart sunk down.

"You can't do that! Just when I got friends! Just when I thought that I had some people who cared about me! Why do you have to be like this! I won't go anywhere! I'm staying with father!" I shouted running away. I didn't even know where I was running, I just did it. Maybe that's why people say that I am like my father.

I heard my mothers voice in the background but I completely ignored it. I just wanted to be alone right now.
I just wanted to be gone right now.

Suddenly some hands stopped me from running. I looked back and saw no other than Lodo and three people running behind me. When they all came to us, Lodo started speaking.

"I uh was worries about you. So I came here to check if you were okay." She said as I frowned. "I'm not lying T, but I told Jorge because I felt like if I hadn't you shouldn't tell him either. He deserved to know. I didn't have a choice." She said as I turned around, taking put my hand from her grip.

"Tini, I forgave you and I'm trying to forget it, please, do the same for her." Jorge finally spoke up as Luke shook hos head in agreement.

"I will think about it." I said walking away from them. I got outside from the hospital sitting near a bench as Jorge came up to me. "I know how you feel right now." He said sitting besides me on the bench.

"That's how I felt when I my mother was in there." He said pointing to the huge building. "Sometimes, I wonder if it's possible to miss a person that much." He said almost like a whisper as I whipped some tears from my eyes. I didn't want to cry. I wanted to hold everything in.

"Yeah, but after three days I won't even be able to talk to some of you, and the worst thing is that I have fought with Lodo, just when I am going to move out." I said as Jorge froze in place.

"You are going to move out?" He asked me as I rolled my eyes.
"Yes I am, I literally shouted at my mom a few minutes ago, in front of you." I said like saying something obvious, as he ran his hand over his hair.
"Oh, I thought that it was about other things." He said as I rolled my eyes at him once again.

"Are you going to stay there forever?" He asked me as I shrugged.
"Maybe, maybe not. Why are you asking?" I said as he laughed.
"Just curious." He replied as I rolled my eyes. "Geez, just say that you'll miss me." I said trying to give him a playful punch on his arm but I missed and he started laughing, running away.

And just when I was about to get Jorge, my mother opened a window. It wasn't far from where I was, so I could hear her perfectly.

"He's dead."