Lies and Secrets

Chapter 14: Lies and Secrets.
*UNEDITED*

I thought that we were getting along.
I thought that you had changed.
I thought that you were my friend.
But I guess it's time to think again.

He was the first person after the whole Luke incident I trusted.
He was the first, and the last.

I never trusted Luke, but I trusted him.

My tears was streaming down. And the only word I could think of was "why". Why didn't he tell me? Why did he not warn me? Why did he hide it from me? Why?

My father was back, and the first person who knew that was Luke. But we didn't know how to tell me, since I didn't answer his calls and ignored him on school, so he told Jorge and Ian about it.

Ian was my childhood best friend, and one of the only person I trusted in this whole world. He was living in my old town, but he could still contact me.

And I was angry at Jorge too. He never told me anything.
But he knew that my father was back in town.

And now everything got worser. My mother is in hospital, and the police is still searching for my father, since he escaped. He overdosed with drugs and alcohol, so he isn't being himself. He used to beat me up in my other town, when I was already depressed about the whole Luke-breakup-thing.

And now he's back, and no know's where he is.

I blame Ian and Jorge for his. Ian knew what my father was capable of. And Jorge knew that my father was back.
If they would tell me ; none of this would've happened. And my mother wouldn't be in hospital.

I blame them.

****

"T, please listen. I didn't know that thi-" Jorge said trying to explain as I cut him off. "I don't want to see you ever again."

After I got the message, Lodo and Jerkface ran up to me to see if I was okay. And that's when I shouted at Jorge. I shouted at him while tearing up. He knows how it feels to almost lose a parent.
So why wouldn't he apologize?

He was one of the reasons why my mother got beaten up and sent to hospital, and he wouldn't even apologize.

I thought that he was more than just jerkface, that we was caring and funny ; but It turns out that he's still just Mr Jerkface.

Almost everyone on school was watching us. I stopped talking and started tearing up even more ; that's when Lodo hugged me.
Jerkface just stood there dumfounded, as if he didn't do anything wrong.

Lodo broke our hug and got to Jorge talking with him as he nodded and left, not before getting a death glare from me.

"Tini. You have to listen to what he have to say." Lodo said as I have her a death glare as well.

"I don't want to. I want to get to the hospital first." I explained, as I could feel how anger boiled inside of me. I just wanted to let my anger away, and to cry for days. That's how I was feeling right now. A mix of anger and sadness.

"We're in the middle of a school day." Lodo said pointing at the school, as I shrugged in reply.

"I will skip school. My mother's more important."
I said as Lodo nodded following me to the bus station.

****

We were in front of my mother's room. As I quietly opened the door and got in. My mother was lying on her bed, eyes closed,
unconscious and unaware. I sat down on the chair besides her taking her hand in mine, as I slowly started tearing up.

Lodo was asking the doctors what happened as she came up to me to explain ; what happened with my mother.

"Your mother got stabbed 3 times in the stomach, and the Doctors said that it wasn't the first time she got stabbed or hurt. She has been constantly beaten up which means that your father has been visiting many times without you knowing anything."

"You mean that my father was visiting us?"

"Yes. Or that your mother got depressed about the divorce and started beating up herself." Lodo said as tears stated forming in my eyes.

"It's okay T, your mother will be okay."

I hope my mother is okay. I really hope that she comes out from the hospital. Because I miss her so much right now.

I miss everything about her. Her hugs, her smiles. her kindness,
I miss her.

****

It was late and the doctors told me to stay in another room, since my house wasn't a safe place right now. I was walking down he halls when I saw no other than Mr Jerkface.

I turned away and wanted to find another way to my room, as Jorge shouted my name. I turned around as he came up to me.

"Can you just listen to what I have to say, please?" Jorge said as I sighed.

"Fine. You get to explain, just this once." I said as Jorge face suddenly lighted up as he gave me a bright smile.

"I got the call, right after Mr Prescott class, and that's also the time you left to talk with Luke. Luke told me that he told both Ian and me, but he never told me what your father what capable of doing, he only told me that your father was back. I didn't know anything about your father, because you never told me anything about him. I thought that it was great news and wanted to tell you at the end of the day. But before, I called Luke to send me Ian's number. I called Ian and he told me that Luke only said another things about you but never the facts about your father and mother. Luke lied to both of us, T."

"You mean that Luke knew that my mother was in danger, but made you two to blame."

"Yes."

If all of this happened exactly after Luke told us means that he's behind everything. Which also means that Luke has some relationship with my father.