Asking Out

Chapter 28: Asking Out
*UNEDITED*

I feel like I'm waiting,
For something that isn't going to happen.

Martina's pov

"Are you excited about prom, Jerkface?" I asked him as he rolled his eyes lifting his eyes from his sheets. "First of all, don't call me by that name." He said grinning as he lifted his gaze back to his sheets. "Second of all, no. I don't care about prom." He replied as I sighted. "Your life is no fun." I told him as he scoffed. "Well, yours aren't either." He told me as I frowned at him.
"Please. I liked prom before, but there's a reason why I'm not going." I told him as he nodded. "Hm, I also have a reason to." Jorge said as I rolled my eyes. "What's the reason, then?".

"Tell me yours first." He told me as I rolled my eyes once again.
Was he being serious?
"You already know it. I don't like prom anymore because I have no intentions to. I don't expect Luke to ask me out like before, and I don't even like him in that way anymore." I told Jorge as he nodded. "Well last year, when we had prom, this girl I asked out, never showed up. And now when I think about it, it was a silly part after all." He said shrugging continuing with his sheets.

"You're letting that girl, destroy your Prom?" I asked him as he shrugged. "Well, you're letting Luke, destroy your Prom." He said as I crossed my arms. "That's not even the same thing."

And just after that the bell started ringing as everybody packed their things, while the teacher told us something about a homework. When he was done talking all of us exited the door, and made our ways to our lockers to take out our books for next period.

I was thinking about who the girls was who didn't show up when Jorge asked her out. Maybe he was afraid that everybody left him, especially since what happened to his mother. I couldn't help myself for feeling sorry for him, because I knew how much he hated people feeling sorry for him.

I suddenly stopped thinking about it, taking out my History books when a teacher stopped by my locker. "You were 10 minutes late to Math class, am I right?" She said me as I nodded, gulping.
I knew what she was going to say...
"You'll have detention then, after school, see you there Mrs Stoessel." She said leaving me there.

But the one thing ; I knew that I was not the only one going to detention today.

****

"This is not fair!" Facu shouted as the teacher who's in charge for detention today, glared at him. "Sit on your seat, and be quiet." He told him as Facu sat down on his chair, muttering some words under his breath.

Yes, we all came late, and that's because we all took the same bus who came 10 minutes later. We could take the train, but they were all late, so we decided to wait on that bus, who made all of us late.

"A few more minutes, and then we're all free to go." The teacher said as everybody sighted. It didn't feel like minutes, it felt like years.

It was funny seeing everyone with us.
This year I got late so many times, or got detention many times, and it's all Jorge fault. We always get detentions from Mr Prescott, he really, really dislikes us. So it was kind of funny seeing that me and Jorge were not the only one's.
When the detention was over, we all took our things and made our ways out. Facu's parents came to take him and Lodo home, since they lived 2 minutes from each other. Cande and Rugg was going to do something so they left before all of us. The other guys left as well, and the only two persons remaining was me and Jorge.

We also lived close to each other, so we could just walk together,
So we did, and when we were halfway to our houses, it started raining and neither of us had an umbrella.
Jorge took his jacket over his head as I his the same.
We would go to the nearest building . We found, and the nearest place was a little ice cream shop. When we came there I looked at my clothes and gasped. "Omg I'm so freakin wet!" I shouted, gasping looking at my wet clothes. It felt like, my clothes were 10 freakin pounds.

"let's buy an ice cream." Jorge said as I gave him a questioned look. "First of all ; it's raining and second, we are both wet, so why don't we go home?" I suggested as Jorge shook his head already talking with a man in his early thirties.
Jorge bought two ice creams, giving the one with the flavor chocolate to me. "You're so weird." I told him as he laughed
"Nah, you're more weird than me, how can someone be allergic to chocolate?" I told him as he laughed at that.

I suddenly remembered the first time he told me that he was allergic to chocolate, and how we failed with our project and Mr Prescott's red face flashed in my head. I laughed at the sight and Jorge looked at me with a questioning look, but didn't say anything.

We were watching the rain, when Jorge suddenly talked.
"Uhm, you don't have a date for Prom right?" Jorge blurted out as I nodded. "So why don't you..., uhm, so why don't we go together? I mean both of us don't have dates and the Prom is on friday." Jorge blurted out again, feeling awkward and all, as I laughed. "Yeah sure." I said as Jorge lifted his gaze from the rain, to meet my eyes. He smiled at me and I suddenly remembered us in the camp. How he smiled at me, how we watched the beautiful night, but I suddenly shook that memory off, realizing how close we were. He was so close that I could feel his breath on me.

And then something really unexpected happened.
Something I really never thought would.
He kissed me.