Unexpected dates

Chapter 35: Unexpected Dates.
*UNEDITED*

The best nights,
Are usually unplanned,
Random and spontaneous.

Martina's pov

School ended much earlier than it would.
I was home, watching series on netflix, when my phone beeped; I got a new message. I opened the message, reading it.

Jerkface;
Come outside in 5.

Tini;
What? I'm not going anywhere.

Jorge;
See you.

Was he serious? It's not like I would forgive him.
He wanted to take me out, as an apology, but I was sure that he'd be with Gabrielle the other second, so I would not forgive him.
I continued watching netflix, when my mother called me from downstairs. "Tini! Your friend is here!" My mother shouted as I rolled my eyes, knowing who it was.

"I'm coming!" I shouted, walking downstairs, towards my mother, she smiled when she saw me ; as she returned to do her cookies.
"Good. You're ready. Let's go." Jorge said taking steps to his car, as he turned around; realizing that I wasn't following him.
"Why are you not coming?"

"First of all, I'm not a dog to obey your orders; like you own me. Second you not going to get forgiven, because you'll be with Gabrielle the second after." I told him raising my voice as he sighted, taking steps toward me.

"Listen, Gabrielle is my friend." Jorge said as I raised my eyebrows at him. After all she's done to me? He got friends with her?
"Then what am I to you?" I asked him, getting really pissed off as he ran a hand over his brown messy hair.

"You're uhmm a close friend?" He said it almost as a question, as I rolled my eyes at him.
"Listen T, I know that I've done many stupid and dumb things ; but everyone makes mistakes. But we always learn from them ; so that's why I came all the way here. I want to make it up to you. As I promised." Jorge continued. "So will you come?" I sighted.
"Fine, but I won't make any promises about forgiving you later." I told him as he nodded smiling, walking towards his car, as I followed him.

****

"You are on the red team and he's on the green team." The man spoke as I nodded, taking the paintball-gun from the man's hands. Jorge was on the other hand, already prepared, smirking at me.

Since Jorge didn't bring the other guys with him.
It was me, him, and two other couples, playing with us.
The man got back to his place, as a boy from the other team shouted 'game on!'
And before I even knew, people were screaming, running to different places to cover up themselves. I immediately ran behind a rock, aiming my first shot on the a guy from the opposite team.
I failed on my 2 first tries, but I got him on the third.

One out. Two more to go, I thought running to another rock besides, the one I was hiding in.
I heard footsteps behind me as I quickly aimed the paintball-gun on the person besides me. It was the girl from the other team.

"Uhm, do you even know how this thing works? My boyfriend just laughed at me not telling me how to play this game, and told the man working here, that I knew the rules by heart. But the truth is, I don't even know a damn thing about paintball." The red-head told me as I chuckled at her. I told her everything she had to do as she smiled, thankfully at me.

"Thank you! I wish I had a boyfriend like yours. At least, he told you how to play." She said smiling politely as she ran away, before I could even tell her that me and Jorge were not together.
Three seconds later, a boy with dark brown hair showed up in front of me.

"Did my girlfriend say anything negative about me? I knew that she did, she always tells people how I'm a bad boyfriend. But I just wanted to check." He said as I smiled, remembering what the girl earlier told me. But before I could even say something, he was shot. He turned around, seeing his girlfriend grin at him.

"Damn it Emily!" He shouted as I laughed at the weird couple.

When some minutes left, they were only me, Emily and Jorge left.
Emily then came up to me, smiling like she did before.
"Since you learned me. I'll let you shot me." She said sounding really thankful as I smiled back at her.
"Are you sure?" I asked her as she nodded. I pulled the trigger and shot her as she mouthed me a thanks before leaving.

Now it was only me and Jorge left.
I searched for him everywhere. But couldn't find him.
Where the hell was he hiding?
But just then I felt a presence behind me.
I turned around, seeing no other than Jerkface.

We both immediately aimed our paintball-guns at each other,
As we both laughed afterwards, telling each other how pathetic we looked.

"So who's gonna put the trigger first?" Jorge asked me as I smirked at him.
"We can put the trigger at the same time. In that way, no one's gonna lose." I said as Jorge nodded.

"Okay, 1, 2-" but before Jorge even said 3, I pulled the trigger and shot him. I smirked at him as he looked at me impressed and shocked.

"Oops my bad." I said grinning as Jorge smirked at me.
"Wait until I catch you." Was the last thing he said, before running after me as I laughed running away.

****

"Aw you two were so cute!" Emily said as I smiled, a faint of pink crossed my cheeks.
"Uh thanks, you two were cute as well." I said embarrassed as Jorge held himself from laughing, as I elbowed him in the stomach.

"Cute? She freakin shot me." Her boyfriend said - who's name was Christian - frowning as Emily gave him a glare. Before turning to us, smiling again.
"Excuse this idiot here." Emily said as he gave her a glare this time as she continued smirking. "How long have you two been together or been dating?" Emily asked as I stared at her, unsure of what to say.

"Actually we are n-" but before I could continue Jorge wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer and smiling to Emily.

"We've been together for 2 months now." Jorge lied, still smirking as Emily nodded as Christian, looked at the watch, muttering some words under his breath.
"Shit. We have to go Em. Otherwise we will miss our reservations!" Christian said as Emily rolled her eyes as Christian took her arm, pulling her away from us.

"Bye guys!" He shouted as to us, before turning to an angry and annoyed Emily, as I laughed at the sight. But then I realized that Jorge was still holding my waist, as I watch his arm around me as he immediately took his hand back down.

"Why did you lie to them?" I asked him with curiosity, raising my eyebrows, as he smirked at me, taking my hand, dragging me to his car. I didn't mind the fact that his warm hands was holding mine, but I was curious to know why he lied to them.
I mean, people don't usually lie about relationships.

And then Jorge finally answered my question.

"It wasn't exactly a lie."
He said smirking getting in his car,
As I stared at him with a blank expression.

What's that supposed to mean?

****

To make things clear; they were not playing 'capture the flag' they were playing a simple elimination game.
And as you probably noticed; I don't know many things about paintball, so sorry. ;') x