Prom Date

Chapter 29: Prom Date
*UNEDITED*

You can't start the next chapter
Of your life,
If you keep re-reading
The last one.

Martina's pov

When Jorge kissed me a few days ago, I didn't know what to do. I was just stunned, shocked and I froze in place.
And when we walked home, when the rain stopped, was even more awkward. He didn't say anything until we came to my house - his house was a few houses away - and that's when he told me that he was surprised myself and that the kiss didn't mean anything.

And today was Prom. I had a red short dress on, that had a black band in the center. I also had black high heels that fit the dress perfectly. Fran had a dress that was very much similar to mine but green instead. The other girls had long beautiful dresses that was strapless . I had my brown hair in big curls.

I was in front of the gym, with Lodo and Cande, where the party was holding as I took a deep breath before going in through the doors.
Suddenly all the people's gazes were on us. Some where whispering and other's were giving us glares, probably jealous of the dresses we had. And that's all thanks to Alba. I haven't talked to her so much and we probably never hang out because she hangs out more with Mechi, Broadway and Facu -but she still seems like a great friend. She's really funny and the biggest fashion-freak in the world.

She literally told me to buy a long white dress that was stunning, but still, it looked more like a wedding dress than an actual dress-for-Prom. So I decided to take the other dress she got me, which is the one I'm wearing right now.

I was looking all over the place, searching for Jorge since the other girls found their dates. Suddenly I saw him sitting on a chair, in the corner, watching or reading something from his phone. I came up to him, and by my surprise his gaze finally lifted from his phone to me.

"Woah, you look bea- uhm good." He said awkwardly as I laughed at him. He was really not used to give girls compliments.
"Uhm thanks?" I said laughing as he gave me a glare which made me laugh much more, before continuing. "Well you don't look so bad yourself." I told him as he scoffed.

"What you really meant is 'Jorge your so handsome!'" He said as I frowned. "Well what you meant to say was that I am beautiful in this dress, right?" I teased him as he laughed shoving my hand away. There was an awkward tension, before Jorge finally broke it.

"So uh, what are we supposed to do?" He asked me as I shrugged, sitting besides him. "We have dance, get drinks and just enjoy ourselves." I told him as he nodded. Standing up.
"I'll get our drinks." He said before leaving as I sat there taking out my phone to text Ivan, while waiting for Jorge.
But suddenly I heard someone - a familiar voice - talking as I stood up to go there. The sound came from a corner and when i aw who it was I ran to the person shouting at the other.

Brandon, a guy in my math class, was gripping Mechi's arms as she screamed but he kep pressing her to the wall, smirking.
I suddenly, shouted again, and this time his gaze lifted to mine.
He was checking me out, making me feel uncomfortable, but I still shouted at him.

"What the hell do you think that you're doing?!" He smirked in reply letting Mechi go. She fell to the floor helpless, just like I was a few days ago. She couldn't even move her legs so I knew that he'd hurt her badly. He was taking steps toward me as I moved backward and bumped into another person. I turned around facing no other than Jorge Blanco.

"Go." Jorge told Brandon in a calm voice as Brandon smirked.
"You can't tell me-" but before he could finish his sentence, Jorge cut him off, raising his voice this time. "This is your last warning: leave." Brandon looked at Jorge giving him a glare, muttering some words under his breath, as he left.

I don't know what it was, but there was something different in Jorge's voice this time, he was very angry.

****

Facu send Mechi home after the incident, and I really would've left with her, but when jorge said that the other girl never showed up, I didn't want to make him disappointed and leave.
So I stayed, with him.

We were currently dancing to an up beat song, and Jorge was really making crazy moves, which only made me burst out laughing. But then the music suddenly changed from Up-beat to a classic-romantic-music. All the other couples was holding each other, dancing gently as me and Jorge shared a look.
I put my hands around Jorge's neck as he pulled us close having his hands on my wrist. We were really close, just like when we were the time when me and Jorge hide ourselves so that Diego wouldn't see us and just when we were in the hospital after the kidnapping. I suddenly remembered all our memories together smiling at him as he returned the smile.

We were dancing until the music stopped. I wanted to look around and see what was going on, but before Jorge leaned in and I was confused at first, but leaned in as well. I could feel his wet lips on mine as it felt like I had butterflies in my stomach.
But just then my phone started ringing. I pulled away from jorge giving him a sympathetic smile - I didn't just want ro go from him - I really felt sad for him again, just because of that girl - but I think that he understood because he nodded as i took out my phone. Just when I saw the message, tears started rolling down my cheeks.

"Hey Tini, are you okay?" Jorge asked me, whipping my tears, pulling me into a hug as I broke the hug, looking straight in his eyes.

"I'll be gone by tomorrow."