4.

I laughed. Not the kind that means "I'm giggling because it's kinda, sorta funny" kind of laugh, but the laugh that says "You're fucking hilarious man. That joke wasn't even funny but I'm just going to laugh to make you feel better." Because, let's face it! It was fucking hilarious!

Here I am, standing in front of my mortal enemy, laughing my ass off because he just proposed, what could possibly be the worst idea he has ever created of all time, to go on a fake date with him!

See? Hilarious.

"I'm not kidding! You hate me, I hate you. It's the perfect solution." He said, not at all amused by my hysterical hacking.

I can't believe he's insisting on this. The thought made me laugh a little more.

I chuckled. "Okay. I'm going to stop you right there, buddy and let me clear things up around here." I said, wiping a tear from the corner of my eyes. "You want to go on a fake date... with me? Your mortal enemy. What will other people think? What will your friends think?"

This will start a riot within the teenage population. It's just crazy! Everyone has always known us as enemies since the day we could walk. It'd be crazy, and not to mention surprising, to see us madly in love with each other. Even if it's just an act.

"Who cares what other people, or my friends, think? I don't care about them. All I care about is my revenge. And I know you feel the same way." He said looking smug.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "You don't know what I want." I said.

"I just heard you say you wanted your revenge. Now I'm helping you do it. So, are you in?" He asked.

"I can't believe you eavesdropped on my conversation with Amanda." I said.

"Are you in?" He asked, impatiently.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What's in it for me?" I asked after a moment of silence.

He smirked and said one simple word. "Food."

Damn, I was a goner.

Another silence before, "What kind are we talking about here?"

"Unlimited access to my dads chocolate fountain in his restaurant. You can have it for free and you can order anything you want," He paused for dramatic effects. "for free."

I clenched my jaw. "How dare you bribe me with food." I said through gritted teeth.

He smiled triumphantly. "So, do we have a deal?"

I sighed. "Well, your dad does make really good food."

"Great. Why don't we shake on it, then?"  He said, holding out his hand.

I sighed once again. "Fine." I said before shaking his hand. "I can't believe I'm doing this for food. Well, as long as my belly is filled, I'm okay with anything." I said. Then I remembered something. "Just one more thing."

"What is it?"

"There should be no feelings whatsoever." I told him.

He showed me his famous smirk. "Sure. No feelings whatsoever. I have to warn you, though. I can be quite the charmer." He said.

"If you mean to old ladies with cats and cougars who are looking for a good time, then sure. I totally agree with you." I said.

I earned a scowl as a response.

I smiled. "You gotta stop scowling, Julie. That wouldn't be good for your Prince Charming features. Unless you want to look like the Sea Witch, then please, be my guest."

"Really? Did I finally succeed in looking like you?" He said.

"If you mean incredibly gorgeous and more awesome than your ex-girlfriend, then you gotta do better than that." I answered.

At the mention of his ex-girlfriend (that lying, conniving bitch), something in his features changed immediately causing the atmosphere to fill with tension and awkwardness. Whoops. I guess it was too soon to make a joke like that.

I cleared my throat and looked at everywhere but at him. "So... When do we start?"

His eyes met mine and I felt like all the breath was sucked out of me the moment his mischievous gaze met mine.

"Hold your horses, brownie. It's all been figured out. All you gotta do is show up." It's weird how his mood can change from one second to the next.

And to be honest, I don't know how to feel about that.