22.

The entire evening I was at a foul mood because not only did I hate parties but also because Amanda's words had me thinking. And when I start to think, I never stop. Julian, and even the boys, noticed.

"Hey, brownie. Why the frown?" Julian said.

I didn't even bother to correct him about the awful nickname. I snapped out of my dazed state and looked at him. "Huh?"

"Is everything alright?" Alec asked.

No.

"Yeah. Everything's fine. I just really hate parties. That's all." I said with exaggerated hand gestures.

"Oh, come on. It can't be that bad, can it?" Fox said.

I forced an overly happy smile. "I guess not."

With that reassurance, they went back to their usual banter about unusual things while I went back to my thinking. But, apparently, Julian did not.

He placed a finger under my chin and tilted my head up so I was now looking at him. My eyes met his.

"What's wrong, Claire?" He asked.

"Nothing," I released myself from his hold. "I'm fine." I said, not meeting his gaze.

I was about to walk away when he grabbed my wrist, making me sit back down. "Julian, I said I'm fi-"

The look in his eyes made me stop and keep my mouth shut. It was the same expression he wore when he was about to kiss me the first time.

"It's show time." He whispered and didn't even give me the chance to protest before his lips descended on mine.

Knowing what he meant and too tired to yell at him about breaking his promise, I melted into the kiss. Pouring all the frustration and the confusion I was feeling, I kissed him passionately more than I ever kissed anybody my entire life.

I don't know where this feeling was coming from and I wasn't sure if it was from what Amanda had said or something entirely different but it made my chest warm and my insides ache. And if I'm being completely honest, I liked kissing Julian. Even if this was only our second kiss as fake boyfriend and girlfriend.

Julian placed a hand on my neck, making my skin tingle, and the other on my hips, bringing me closer while I ran my hands on his broad chest, stopping at his heart, which was beating wildly as mine, and finally wrapping it around his neck, leaving no space between us. I didn't know if it was from the lack of air from this amazing kiss or was it for an entirely different reason but I suddenly felt light headed.

Only one thought went through my head as we kissed; I wanted more.