24.

I sat down on a booth inside the ice cream shop away from the windows, the fear of somebody seeing me and call Amanda, Jack or, god forbid, Julian. I'm not ready for that much talking just yet.

As I ate my ice cream, I can't help but think; this is not making me feel better.

I sighed for what seemed to be the fourth time that night, taking another spoonful of ice cream into my mouth. The lady by the counter seemed to take notice as well since she approached me, cautiously as if I was a ticking time bomb ready to explode. When she found it safe, she then sat across me.

"So, how's the ice cream?" she asked politely.

I nodded. "Really good." I paused and took a spoonful into my mouth. "But unfortunately, it's not providing me comfort like it's suppose to." I admitted after swallowing the freezing comfort food.

I sighed again.

She chuckled. "Boy trouble?"

Her question was answered by another sigh.

She chuckled. "Tell me all about the problem and maybe it'll lift the heavy feeling in your chest." She suggested.

I didn't know if it was the soft tone in her voice or the sweet smile on her lips that made me trust her almost immediately but I ended up telling her the entire story. From Jack cheating on me with Stacey, the deal I made with Julian up to the kiss that happen just a few hours ago (I've been here for a while now).

"And I don't even know. I feel like a slut. And there's also the fact that I just broke up with my ex-boyfriend. Now I'm engaging in a new relationship. Though fake, it's still a relationship. I... I don't know. When we kissed earlier, I just got scared and ran off." I rambled. "It's so complicated. And I hate complicated." I added.

The lady, who I came to know as Marianne, laughed. Her smile made the entire place all the more welcoming and homey. "Doesn't every good thing start with being complicated?" She countered.

I scowled. "No. Math is complicated. And it's never good." I answered.

Marianne smiled. "Oh, dear. You have much to learn." She said with a cheeky grin.