16.

"You know, it kind of makes sense." Amanda said out of the blue.

"Kind of makes sense? What kind of makes sense? What do you mean?" I asked.

"You and Julian." She said as if that statement alone was suppose to explain everything.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "And that's suppose to explain everything, how...?"

She sighed and rolled her eyes at me. "You guys have been enemies your entire life, right?" I nodded and she shrugged with a small smile playing on her lips. "Maybe this is the universe's way of letting the both of you know that's it's finally time for the two of you to, I don't know, stop. Maybe the two of you are destined for each other." She explained before taking a sip of her coffee.

"What are you even talking about, Amanda? Have you been watching Serendipity again? We have gone over this already. Remember the last time you went crazy about destiny and the universe's calling?" I said.

"You mean the train station incident?"
"Yes."

A few years back, Amanda and I made a bet. If ever we bump into a guy who was handsome enough to date, we'd stay in that train station until we see that guy again. It just so happens that Amanda bumped into this guy with a British accent before I did.

He looked to be our age too.

So, she stayed there for a while until the guard had to call reinforcements, almost getting us sent to jail for trespassing. If it weren't for Amanda mentioning my dads name, we would have had a criminal record for trespassing and destruction of property and from what I heard, that did not fit well for our college applications.

"Oh, wasn't Julian there too?" She asked.

"Yeah..." That was the same day he decided to make our almost criminal record look like a dream. It was the day of the liquor store incident.

The cafeteria door opened and in came Jack and Stacey. They were laughing and kissing. It made my blood boil. That was the moment I realized that I actually needed Julian for this plan to work.